Empanadas - Looking for ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Western Maryland
Anyone make any empanadas and have recipes they might recommend? I am looking for new ways to use the ground deer and mixed with beef and was thinking of these as small hot pockets.

My Son in law is PR.

Here is a recipe he showed me.

Ground meat with any adds you like like diced potato, diced onion, sliced olives, garlic and such

Following to taste

Adobo
Sofrito
or
culantro

Add to taste to the ground meat while cooking then fill your empanada shells and fry. He calls em Pastelillos

Technically it doesn't have to follow traditional recipes. I plan to stuff with various meat sauces and was looking for ideas or what other might have done. I just plant to is an empenada press and that style dough as its easy to make, press and cook.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky