Embers Charcoal Deal $6 40LBS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I showed them the link in the store and they had no issue matching the price. I live in TX but like I said no issue matching price. Good luck

Wow that's a really great price.

My only question is, did we determine if Embers was the same product just rebranded from like RO or KBB? I've been using RO pretty exclusively for the last two years and prefer it over KBB because of it's consistency and longevity.

looks like it varies by region. it's $14 here in northern virginia. i randomly picked another zip code, and price dropped to $9.

Embers is RO "seconds" still burns consistently and predictably

I'm good with that then. Especially since at this price it's a little less than half the cost of RO when I get it on sale. Guess I'm making a trip to a HD this weekend to stock up for the rest of this year/start of next year. I think I'll spend $100 after taxes. That'll give me 600lbs to have on hand.

$6/40 lbs is 15 cents a lb. Daaaanggg! That's cheap heat. HD says $7.98 in my area, or 20 cents a lb. I've still got 354 lbs in the garage, but hard to pass up at that price.

354 lbs?! i hope that was during the recent $1.90/15.4lb sale. i don't think we'll ever see another sale like that. this one is pretty good too.

Of my total stock I have 8 bags, or 123 lbs, left of the $1.90/bag sale on Embers as HD was clearing their 15.4 lbs/bag stock last Winter. The rest is RO Ridge red bag.

I'm right at the edge of what I'll need to get me through to next Spring, so I'll probably pick up another 120-160 lbs today as insurance.

I bought about a dozen of those 15.4 lb bags during that sale too :-)

They were 5.98 at my local home Depot when I went today so I restocked as well :-)

20190813_144940.jpg

Nice. Good deal
I burned some for the heck of it tonight. Stuff burns pretty hot compared to the lump I was using. Little bit different smell and smoked more than I thought. It started easy enough and it took a full 15 min before it was ready.
A small starter can and some hickory chunks lasted roughly 3 hours @250. I gotta little more fiddling with it before it's spot on but I am pleased with it so far.

Reactions: fivetricks
By what I understand it is the same as RO ridge.
There is something in it. It burns clean after let sit and gets hot. I would prefer the RO lump but I don't think you will find tha @15 cents a pound.

Popped in to HD tonight and picked up 5 of these dual packs (200 lb). Gonna go back this weekend to pick up at least 5 more. My local store still has 423 double packs left according to the website. I saw 3 full wrapped pallets stacked on the top of the shelf while I was there tonight. Looks like I could stock up for years if I wanted. Dont think I could get the wife on board with that plan though...
20190814_211620.jpg

Reactions: fivetricks
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky