Elk in PA (Bear Visit)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cool Pics, I don't think the Elk are in NE PA by my house. The deer though, come right up to you. I think they know that there is no hunting allowed there. Bears, yeah they are around sometimes.

The company I work for does work in Renovo, Wharton, and couldersport I always enjoyed driving to the job sites and spot some nice elk!! Amazing that we have such animals that haven’t made their way down to Williamsport yet!!
Yup, looks like Elk have no interest in Little League Baseball.

Bear

Reactions: slavikborisov
Cool Pics, I don't think the Elk are in NE PA by my house. The deer though, come right up to you. I think they know that there is no hunting allowed there. Bears, yeah they are around sometimes.
Yup, the Bears are usually deep in the woods, or in the Swampy areas, which is why Pike County harvests so many Bears, and it's such a small county.
And up where you are there are a lot of clubs that post their land for No Hunting. Those areas are loaded with deer, because they don't feel the pressure in those areas, like is felt in the millions of PA State Game Lands and PA State Forest.

Bear

Reactions: clifish
Elk in PA (Bear Visit)

I just got the picture of the 2 Bull Elk last night, and had to show you guys right away.

My Buddy “Barry” called me to ask for help texting Pics with his new phone. LOL I don’t have one of those new fangled phones, My phone has a Land-Line. So I gave the phone to Mrs Bear, and she talked him through the process, so he could send us the neat Picture he took of the 2 Bull Elk. They are in the field next to the “Welcome to Coudersport” sign, near the Coudersport Hospital.

I worked with Barry for 20 years. He got his pension, and now he drives people to tests, like Dialysis & such. So he gets to see all the wildlife in upstate PA, while behind the wheel. His first thought, he said, when he took the picture was “Wait till Big John sees this Pic!!! He’ll love it.”

Enjoy,
Bear

Zoom in to get a better picture of the 2 Elk.
View attachment 643624

BTW: “Barry” is the guy who cut his own trees down, and built his own Log Cabin in Potter County, PA, right near Coudersport, PA.

Below is a Link to my old story (in my Step by Step Index) & Pics of Barry, his Log House, and his assortment of Bear Families at his house in Potter County, PA:

Party Time:
View attachment 643625

Quadruplets !!!
View attachment 643628

Link to get to Barry's Log Cabin & Bears:
Pennsylvania Black Bears & Cabin
very nice pics! We used to live in northern pa and saw the two species above many times! Real neat!!

Cool.
Plenty of bear around here, plus the occasional moose.
No elk though.

Coming across a bear with cubs while backpacking gets your heart beating.

Parents lived in Tobyhanna for a few years, lots of bears.

To me, seeing them in residential areas didn't come close to seeing them in the wild

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky