Electric Smoker Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigd108

Original poster
Nov 23, 2016
Hi everyone. This is my first post on here. I have a Cajun Injector electric smoker. I really like the simplicity of an electric smoker.

Here is my question. If I preheat the smoker, I get very little smoke. It's as if the burner will only come on long enough to keep the temp right. What I have been doing is filling the wood chip box, turning it on, and putting the meat in. I cooked a pork roast a few weeks back and the recipe called for heavy smoke for 4-5 hours. Well that would be impossible to do with this smoker. Ended up using my propane smoker. How does everyone keep their electric smoker smoking?

Thanks, Dennis

Hi everyone. This is my first post on here. I have a Cajun Injector electric smoker. I really like the simplicity of an electric smoker.

Here is my question. If I preheat the smoker, I get very little smoke. It's as if the burner will only come on long enough to keep the temp right. What I have been doing is filling the wood chip box, turning it on, and putting the meat in. I cooked a pork roast a few weeks back and the recipe called for heavy smoke for 4-5 hours. Well that would be impossible to do with this smoker. Ended up using my propane smoker. How does everyone keep their electric smoker smoking?

Thanks, Dennis
Yup----7 years ago, I used to turn me MES (Electric) heat uo about 10° at a time just to get the smoke going when the heat is on.

Then when I'd get to full temp & the smoke would stop, I'd open the door awhile to get the heat to come on enough to get it smoking again.

Then the AMNS & the AMNPS was invented by an outstanding member of this forum, and smoking life became much easier.

Now I just fill my AMNPS up, light one end properly, put it in my smoker, and I have up to 11 straight hours of consistent, perfect smoke.

An AMNPS in an electric smoker is Smoking Heaven.  If you are at a high altitude, get the AMNTS (Tube) smoker.

Bear

I wish I would have known this yesterday. I looked at one of those smokin tubes but didn't buy it. Thought it might be a gimmick. Just my luck Ace hardware is closed today. I'll get one Friday tho. Thanks for the info.

I wish I would have known this yesterday. I looked at one of those smokin tubes but didn't buy it. Thought it might be a gimmick. Just my luck Ace hardware is closed today. I'll get one Friday tho. Thanks for the info.
Not a gimmick...I Promise!
We've been in business since 2011 and actually cut my teeth on this forum

In December 2010, I made my 1st gadget because I was disappointed with having to throw chips into my MES every 20-30 minutes.  The rest is history!

THX!

Todd

Dennis, I use an AMNPS also. But I was wondering, are you soaking your wood chips first? If so, that doesn't help any. Put them in dry.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky