Eichsfelder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sapper299

Original poster
Sep 4, 2013
I have been looking for the spice mix for Eichsfelder Feldkieker sausage. Its a dry cure sausage from middle Germany and a favorite of mine while stationed there in the 80's. Everything I have found has a lot of ground caraway seed, but from my memory, I did not taste that much, Coriander yes, but caraway is such a distinct flavor I think I would have remembered it. Either way, does anyone have any experiance with making this?

Yes it was. Matter of fact, I was in Michigan visiting family and stopped at Kerns Sausage in Frankenmuth and picked up some Thuringer, blood sausage, Lieberkase and some cheese. The Thuringer I had was very similar but missing that Coriander citrus flavor of the FeldKeiker

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky