Eggs Benedict

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Been to long. Used some thin sliced ham made from pork butt. Got 4 dozen eggs from friend who was selling for a friend few weeks ago for $1 a dozen. She would not take any money from me. These where the best eggs ever. The yolks are huge and not much whites. Asked for some more and told her would give $4 a dozen. Guess snakes and critters are giving her problems now and did not have any. Dang! These where so good. The smoke from the ham was nice. Used packaged hollandaise sauce. Did eggs in silicon molds.

20211024_092434.jpg

Looks tasty! Another thing on the gotta make that list!

Ryan

Beautiful! Those are a tie for chicken fried steak for my favorite breakfast!!! Great job!

Looks good. Not much better than Free Range Chicken Eggs. Chickens are pretty sensitive. Predator pressure, changes in Diet, changing their Routine, all can mess with egg production. Plus, when the days go short, production falls off. That ladies birds will likely get back to some laying in a week or two...JJ

Man oh man Brian. that looks fantastic. I absolutely LOVE eggs Benedict. Please do me a favor anf give me 24 hours notice before you do these next time....and be expecting a guest for breakfast.

Robert

Looks great! I use those silicone molds also, so much easier than having to scoop the eggs out of simmering water.

My ultimate breakfast.
Our farm fresh eggs usually come from a friend that I trade with my home cured loin bacon.
As we move from fall to winter and less daylight hours her hens ("ladies") are not in the laying mood.

Be brave! You had enough eggs to make fresh hollandaise sauce. It takes a lot of whisk action but the flavor is so worth the wrist action.

Be brave! You had enough eggs to make fresh hollandaise sauce. It takes a lot of whisk action but the flavor is so worth the wrist action.

Or you can slightly cheat and use the blender method. Still homemade so it's fresh and you can make to taste, but it doesn't break, way easier. Yeah , I make by hand occasionally but even my Chef GF uses the blender.

Another good one Brian! I never had eggs benedict.
You need to fix that!
Looks tasty! Another thing on the gotta make that list!

Ryan
I was going through list today. Just can't do them all!

Beautiful! Those are a tie for chicken fried steak for my favorite breakfast!!! Great job!
Hard to get a good CFS anymore it seems.

Looks wonderful Brian, loves me some eggs Benedict, nice work, Like! RAY
Thanks Ray
Looks good. Not much better than Free Range Chicken Eggs. Chickens are pretty sensitive. Predator pressure, changes in Diet, changing their Routine, all can mess with egg production. Plus, when the days go short, production falls off. That ladies birds will likely get back to some laying in a week or two...JJ
Thanks. Got some store bought but going to check back in couple weeks. She does this for a friend and she has a full plate herself.

MMMM......Now that looks great!
Jim
Thanks Jim
Man oh man Brian. that looks fantastic. I absolutely LOVE eggs Benedict. Please do me a favor anf give me 24 hours notice before you do these next time....and be expecting a guest for breakfast.

Robert
That homemade ham makes these!

Nice job Brian!
That is one fine looking breakfast!
Al
Thanks Al
Awesome job looks great.
Warren
Thanks
Looks great! I use those silicone molds also, so much easier than having to scoop the eggs out of simmering water.
Once you figure out timing perfect everytime!

My ultimate breakfast.
Our farm fresh eggs usually come from a friend that I trade with my home cured loin bacon.
As we move from fall to winter and less daylight hours her hens ("ladies") are not in the laying mood.

Thanks. This was package but taste great to me!

Sounds more like duck eggs rather than chicken eggs… either way they look fantastic! Eggs Benny are a big hit here in my kitchen… might need to make some on my next days off.
Thanks. Definitely chicken. The eggs themself not real big but the yolks are the biggest I have seen.

I missed this one, looks great Brian. I could likely drink that sauce.
Thanks Jeff.
Or you can slightly cheat and use the blender method. Still homemade so it's fresh and you can make to taste, but it doesn't break, way easier. Yeah , I make by hand occasionally but even my Chef GF uses the blender.
I happy with the package stuff. I will have to try real some day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky