Eggs Benedict - My Way

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for the like Ray it is appreciated. No problem at my house with wife liking the dogs my problem is after 3 dogs I'm #4 in our house. Warren

I only overlapped dogs once Warren, didn't work out for me, wife got all pissed off due to me spending more time with the pup teaching it to hunt. RAY

Looks great! I made scratch for years and on a whim tried Knorr' and was immediately hooked. GOOD stuff. Mine also gets more lemon and also a little Franks. EB is intimidating at first but don't let it. It does takes some time to learn but once you get it down, it is easy and fast to do.

That plate looks fantastic! This is my favorite breakfast since last March and on.... I discovered this kind of breakfast since we started working from home. English muffin, CB, fried egg Benedict and Hollandaise sauce next time....

Reactions: sawhorseray
Looks great! I made scratch for years and on a whim tried Knorr' and was immediately hooked. GOOD stuff. Mine also gets more lemon and also a little Franks. EB is intimidating at first but don't let it. It does takes some time to learn but once you get it down, it is easy and fast to do.

I hear you zwiller! I used to make EB for my mama and the Hollandaise from scratch was the biggest pain. Tried the Knorrs and never looked back, now the only pain is the cleanup. RAY

That plate looks fantastic! This is my favorite breakfast since last March and on.... I discovered this kind of breakfast since we started working from home. English muffin, CB, fried egg Benedict and Hollandaise sauce next time....

Thanks Push! I've gone with a fried egg instead of poached before, not a darned thing wrong with that. I really like melting in some cheddar and heating up the muffin and CB in the oven too, stays hot a little longer. Thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

sawhorseray sawhorseray , Hey, I had eggs benny once... Love it.... Now it's time to make some...
How is that Knorr packaged sauce ??? Good, excellent or what... I'm thinking you really like it... Dave

I think it's the best Dave! I used to make EB for my mama every once in a while even before I was smoking my own CB and made the Hollandaise from scratch. The first time I tried the Knorrs about 25 years back that was it and I never looked back. I use a half a pack and cut the milk and butter in accordance Dave, and a few drops of lemon juice stirred in once it's set, heaven. Thanks for the Like Dave, much appreciated. RAY

Agree Knorr's is excellent and our fave. It's a little bolder take on it but we like that. If you like subtle and more of an egg forward flavor, give Minor's concentrate a shot. My GFS has it. Equally easy to use. Do NOT think that since Knorr's packets are good that any packet is. NOT SO. Kroger brand is nasty. Dave, you will pound your fist on the table and moan if you use some of your own cured stuff to make this like Ray did. Totally takes this to a whole other level. A little tidbit, steamed asparagus and EB pair INSANELY well together...

20180401_103830-jpg.jpg

That is some good looking eggs benedict you have going on ....oh sorry gone right there.

That was one of our biggest orders on Sundays when i worked at the yacht club many moons ago. And yes Knorr's is a great Hollandaise sauce, we always had a baked ham in the fridge . So that is what i would slice for the bennys
David

Reactions: daveomak
Looks tasty, but I have to say, packaged hollandaise?
My Sous chef was on a hollandaise kick and I got him using this easy microwave recipe that actually works.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky