Egg muffins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Egg muffins. I posted these here before. And they are in my recipe index. Simple to make. They can be frozen.

I recommend using silicone muffin cups. You can fit 24 on a baking sheet. I only did a dozen.

You’ll need 1 egg for each cup. Then whatever cooked protein you want and or veggies. Grated cheese. Seasonings.

For this batch I used cooked turkey bacon, shredded thee cheese blend, chives salt pepper.

Whip eggs with seasoning. Fill each cup half full. Add your fillings and cheese. Top with more eggs. Garnish with more cheese and any other filling you have left.

Bake in 425f oven for 25 minutes.

Some of my favorites from the past have been buffalo chicken, Dungeness crab and shrimp. Both are in my Mother of all cooks index here.

97CB8EED-D157-46BD-91D7-FE43B0AEB5C7.jpeg
F016666D-8936-47C8-A262-8455CF502F13.jpeg
AEE5975A-C089-4309-8E7E-22747F7B201A.jpeg
91521B13-1886-45F0-8D78-EC9F0F789099.jpeg
C0390CF5-AFE0-4018-9485-D4DD1819E715.jpeg
1B4EA27A-2C57-4DF8-A42F-2A3315D2D00F.jpeg

Looks good. Anyway to reheat these? Or you have to eat them all at one time. Looks like something I could make then take to work for breakfast.

they look really good! Great idea! I bet they are easily reheatable. No silicone muffin cups but bet could find them easy enough!

Ryan

Awesome looking muffins Case. I'm retired so I'm home and can eat them when done. :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:
Can't see why they won't reheat good though.

Warren

Looks delicious! Great idea, and seems easy enough for people like me. LOL.

Looks good. Anyway to reheat these? Or you have to eat them all at one time. Looks like something I could make then take to work for breakfast.

Yep that's exactly what I make them for is work breakfasts. From the fridge microwave for 30 seconds. If frozen 1-1/2 minutes.

Usually I make 2-3 dozen, freeze individually then into a 2 gallon silicone ziplock and back into the freezer. Use to vac pack them but found we go through them fast enough that the two gallon silicone ziplock is just fine.

they look really good! Great idea! I bet they are easily reheatable. No silicone muffin cups but bet could find them easy enough!

Ryan

I used to use a muffin tin but it was a pain. Had to line with parchment paper, grease, Pam etc. You don't have to do anything with the silicone except keep them clean.

These are what we ordered:

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Gh that Dungeness comment hits home. I loved it as a protein when I got it for basically free on a crabbing weekend.
You don't want to know what they get per pound around here.
Even here its not cheap anymore! Averages $15-20 per pound. Lucky to find it on sale for $8.99. When I was fishing for a living I always had 3 pots out during the season. We ate a lot of Dungee!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky