Effect of different smoking methods on the quality of pork sausages

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I don't consider Liquid smoke a smoking method. At that point, you are just adding a flavoring that happens to be smoke. Maybe it's just semantics, but when I think of a smoking method, I think of hot, warm, or cold smoking. OR wet smoking. Or grilling.....

That reminds me of my college chemistry class. Huh? And suddenly have the urge to drink copius amounts of beer! It worked in college...I got a C!

Ryan

Reactions: 912smoker
Is that anywhere near you?
No . That's on the west of the state . If you came down HWY. 70 you drove right past me , and a bunch of duck clubs and conservation areas . I live just up from the Mississippi river . I'm 40 minutes northwest of St. Louis . Hwy.70 and 79 north .

That reminds me of my college chemistry class. Huh? And suddenly have the urge to drink copius amounts of beer! It worked in college...I got a C!

Ryan

Ryan,
I was in college during the Vietnam era of our nation's history. I was careful about majoring in beer drinking and carelessly neglecting my other studies. . .So beer drinking became my minor.

Since then, I have gotten a doctorate!

John

I bet I could have gotten a B if I knew what good scotch was back then...or more importantly could afford it! Professor sure liked his scotch!

Ryan

No . That's on the west of the state . If you came down HWY. 70 you drove right past me , and a bunch of duck clubs and conservation areas . I live just up from the Mississippi river . I'm 40 minutes northwest of St. Louis . Hwy.70 and 79 north .

Thanks,

I really enjoyed my visit to your state and had a chance to do some sight seeing as well as trying some of the rib joints in St. Louis. . .I almost burst!

John

Cool part about these papers are:

Conclusion
Based on the results of various parameters studied in the present investigation, it may be concluded that though hot smoked sausages (T1 formulation) were found to be superior in terms of the prevention of lipid oxidation, microbiological, and sensory indices, LS-treated sausages (T2A, T2B, and T2C) could maintain the same to a desirable level up to the 15th day of refrigerated storage.

Interesting results! Won't lie, if they had oak flavored I'd already be using it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky