Easter butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

willy appleseed

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 30, 2016
  1. :emoji_sunglasses:
    D2FAC84F-B7FF-4DA1-AF35-81C0F8366400.jpeg
    Been on here for awhile just getting around to trying to post some results(pics)
    :emoji_blush:

Attachments

• 4BD19F3F-B266-4755-83C2-452464BF9448.jpeg
    4BD19F3F-B266-4755-83C2-452464BF9448.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 28
I have one curing right now. Trying to decide if I should cook it Saturday and re-heat on Sunday or just cook it Sunday. Any thought? How long did this one take?

I have one curing right now. Trying to decide if I should cook it Saturday and re-heat on Sunday or just cook it Sunday. Any thought? How long did this one take?

I'm not sure what you're doing with it:
If you're taking it to about 203° & pulling it for pulled pork or Pulled Ham (cured), I would do it the day before & heat it up on Sunday.
But if You're going to slice it, I'd Smoke it on Sunday. Then slice & serve.

Bear

slicing it on Sunday although it does remind me that I want to try curing one before pulling it. Never done that but I've heard good things. Today was a couple spatchcocked chickens.

slicing it on Sunday although it does remind me that I want to try curing one before pulling it. Never done that but I've heard good things. Today was a couple spatchcocked chickens.

I'm curing one right now (first day) for Pulled Butt Ham. I should be Smoking it toward the end of next week.
Below is a link to one I did as half Buckboard Bacon & half Pulled Butt Ham:
Buckboard Bacon and Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham

Bear

Now that is a fine example of a ham. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks all! It was a wet cure smoked about 6 hrs. Sliced it for ham .thankful fo all the recipes,wisdom, examples,and advice great group pops brine tastes great

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky