Easier grill grate cleanup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

whistlepig

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Preble County, OH
Thinking abut getting something a little bit easier to clean to put over the cast iron grates on my Masterbuilt 560. Something that's maybe dishwasher friendly and doesn't block the smoke from the charcoal or wood. Maybe Frogmats or a wire rack or something similar. Wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

I've not tried them, but I see advertising for solid Teflon Grill Mats that still allow Grill Marks. I am sceptical that you will get a good sear. Frog mats work very well but being Mesh, you gain little as your grates still get dirty...
With that 560, a commercial Sheet Pan, inverted and placed on the grates, then the unit cranked to 700°. Will Burn off any residue in short order! We did this to clean stoves and the Char-Broiler in restaurant...JJ

Reactions: whistlepig
1/4 to 3/8 round SS is about the simplest and bullet proof you can get.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky