Early Morning Pork Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

martin1950

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 18, 2019
Hartford. S/W Michigan
Rubbed up a nice little 8-1/2#er last nite with some Tony's and let it sit in the frig for an all day smoke on Thursday. Well I woke at 0100hrs and thought why not. My Pit Boss 820D is up and running. Set the controller, Grilla Alpha Dual Smoke at 225* on mode 2 and slapped the meat to the grill at 0230hrs. Now all I have to do today is dice up a piece of left over smoked ham shank, dice and braze down an onion for 2# of some navy beans for freezer stock and haul some hay for my better-half's horse. All the while monitoring my BP to make sure my heart doesn't explode like a scene from an "Alien" film. Getting old ain't for sissy's.

Had a yardbird that needed cooked yesterday I had forgot about, 3 hours on the Austin and pulled it, glad I got home early, love my pellet smoker and have had many a overnight cook that was effortless , thank you pit boss lol

Reactions: martin1950
TaDa, nailed it!! Pork smoked for 13-1/2hrs on my "a little itty-bitty tiny wood chunk burning unit" @ 225*. And the beans turned out pretty good too.
20200312_111415_resized.jpg
20200312_112558_resized.jpg
20200312_155025_resized.jpg

Looks great, whatever its called butt butt its pork lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky