Dutch's "Wicked Baked Beans"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Made your recipe X4 for the party and they were a big hit. The kids (college age) and thier friends say
"they are 'BANGIN' " Maybe you should call them Dutches' Bangin Beans !
The bacon wrapped scallops went fast also.Thanks again

Skip, you say that you X4 that recipe for some college age kids. . . Sure you had enough?? And how many did you feed?

I've had them beans kinda toot-toot while departing but NEVER 'Bangin'!! :shock: :mrgreen:

The party wasn't all college kids. In fact it had a pretty wide demographic.
It was about 80-90 people but only half of that was interested in "spicy" foods. But of course the other half all had seconds ! It was a good amount, 1-2 spoons left in the pan. Maybe next time I will do a batch with no peppers for those who cant tolerate the spice. There was alot of other food available also. Thanx again , they were a big hit.

Skip

Dutch,

I made your Wicked Baked Beans on Friday. All I can say is "WOW!". Without a doubt the best and easiest backed beans I have ever had. I could not stop eating them. I even had some for breakfast.

Bad news, they are all gone now. I wll be making them again and again and again!

I made them for dinner tonight. They are Banging! Not much heat though, must have had some weak peppers. Need to step up the next batch. Any hoot, thanks! I will be doing this again in the near future.

Man, I gotta get on board Dutch's Wicked B.B. train - I must be missin half the world, I'll try to get made this weekend

Here is a pic from sunday. Next time I will make sure to do it when the smoker is fired up. And add another jalo to the mix, think that might bring some more heat!

Thanks again!

Randy, they look good!! I like using those throw away aluminum pans too. Sure makes cleanup a breeze.

So how did the beans fair against the competition?

I bet that chapped her hide!! (whisper mode on) Bet she ain't speaking to her husband!! :P (whisper mode off)

Reactions: cisco1
Dutch....tried the wicked beans finally tonight with only 2 changes....1. omitted the dry mustard, (have one really picky one here), 2. added 2 tsp liquid smoke (only because I had to do it in the oven, still wanted some smoke flavor!!!) and family consensus (including the dog who is still smacking his lips) two thumbs up.....
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Liquid Smoke
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
Seriously, what is in it...Iv'e never owned a bottle, what are the ingredient's???

Geez, Bill-ya dang near gave me a heart attack when I read that you put (gasp. . .shudder. . ) liquid smoke in those beans!! What'sa matter? Couldn't you find any "Hickory" flavored beans?
icon_mrgreen.gif

Okay- it's not that BIG of a deal. I'll even own up to using l.s. in sauces when, due to the weather and the smoker not getting along, I have to resort to using the oven in order to do ribs or pork butt.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Liquid Smoke ingredients: Water, hickory smoke flavor, vinegar, hydrolyzed soy protein, sugar, caramel color, spices

From a bottle of Figaro Liquid Smoke contains 55mg (2% DV) of sodium. No calories, fat or carbs per 1 Tbs serving.

It's pretty pure, sounds like it's virtually distilled smoke essence. Here's some info:

The process of making liquid smoke was introduced in 1895 by Ernest H. Wright, a Kansas City pharmacist. It is the same process used today and consists of capturing the smoke of burning hickory wood, condensing and combining it with cold mountain water to create a 100 percent natural food-flavoring product.

A little dab will do ya! I've judged smoke beers in homebrew competitions and alot of the entries use this stuff. The biggest mistake is using way too much. Subtle smoke is nice in beer though, especially when paired with appropriate foods.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky