Dutch's Gourmet Cowboy Gravy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

monty

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 17, 2005
Newark, Vermont
DUTCHâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]S GOURMET COWBOY GRAVY

Ingredients:
3 tbls melted butter or margarine
1/2 Medium Onion, chopped
2 tbls flour
1 12 ounce can Evaporated Milk, divided
1 4 ounce can mushrooms, drained and coarsely chopped
1/2 of Fattie, crumbled (use more or less to your liking)

Directions:
In a cast iron skillet, sautÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] chopped onion in butter until tender-4-5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook together until flour turns a light brown. Stir in half of the evaporated milk, cook and stir until everything thickens up. Stir in remaining milk, the mushrooms and the crumbled fattie. Continue to stir until mixture reaches the consistency that you like. Serve over biscuits or Country Fried Steak.

By a really sensible request and since it does make sense I have copied and stuck Dutch's Gourmet Cowboy Gravy in the Fattie Forum.

Cheers!

alright monty...I did not see the heart healthy symbol on this one..lol..
biggrin.gif

sounds good..

I just made this 3 hours ago for Sunday breakfast. Got the recipe 2 weeks ago from Dutch. Fantastic. One thing I did differently was I took 1# of fresh made sausage from Ryteks basic breakfast sausage, flattened it out to about 3/4" and smoked it last nite over mesquite. I ran out of hickory or I would have used that. Made it this morning and had it over homemade bisquits. Oh yeah......Im stuffed. Try it, its very good. Here is a pic of the fattie after it was smoked.
7c4e3683_vbattach20533.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky