• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Dutch's Gourmet Cowboy Gravy

monty

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
DUTCHâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]S GOURMET COWBOY GRAVY

Ingredients:
3 tbls melted butter or margarine
1/2 Medium Onion, chopped
2 tbls flour
1 12 ounce can Evaporated Milk, divided
1 4 ounce can mushrooms, drained and coarsely chopped
1/2 of Fattie, crumbled (use more or less to your liking)

Directions:
In a cast iron skillet, sautÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] chopped onion in butter until tender-4-5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook together until flour turns a light brown. Stir in half of the evaporated milk, cook and stir until everything thickens up. Stir in remaining milk, the mushrooms and the crumbled fattie. Continue to stir until mixture reaches the consistency that you like. Serve over biscuits or Country Fried Steak.

monty

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
By a really sensible request and since it does make sense I have copied and stuck Dutch's Gourmet Cowboy Gravy in the Fattie Forum.

Cheers!

white cloud

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 27, 2007
Well, It does sound awful good and rich. Ok I will copy this one. Thanks for bringing it up again.

coyote

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 17, 2008
alright monty...I did not see the heart healthy symbol on this one..lol..

sounds good..

richtee

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 12, 2007
Classic! To make it from raw sausage, add the sausage first till brown, then follow directions. Yum!

ken mckee

Joined Feb 3, 2009
This ones sure to get the Heart Doc an new Cadillac, Can't wait till the next fatty to try this one.

meat hunter

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
I just made this 3 hours ago for Sunday breakfast. Got the recipe 2 weeks ago from Dutch. Fantastic. One thing I did differently was I took 1# of fresh made sausage from Ryteks basic breakfast sausage, flattened it out to about 3/4" and smoked it last nite over mesquite. I ran out of hickory or I would have used that. Made it this morning and had it over homemade bisquits. Oh yeah......Im stuffed. Try it, its very good. Here is a pic of the fattie after it was smoked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.