• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Dull meat slicer

joe black

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2015
Steve, If it was mine, I'd look in the yellow pages for a sharpening service. I'm not good at that sort of thing. Good luck.

briggy

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 27, 2014
Around here we have a traveling knife sharpening business.  They also do slicer blades and are fantastic.  Try looking up knife sharpening.  Hope it helps.

floridasteve

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 16, 2014
Steve, If it was mine, I'd look in the yellow pages for a sharpening service. I'm not good at that sort of thing. Good luck.

Around here we have a traveling knife sharpening business.  They also do slicer blades and are fantastic.  Try looking up knife sharpening.  Hope it helps.
I tried looking for meat slicer blade sharpening, but never thought of looking for just knife sharpening. I'll give that a try! Thanks [emoji]128515[/emoji]

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Usually you can buy a sharpener for your brand of slicer.

They are not too expensive.

I bought  one for my chefs choice & my commercial slicer had one built in.

Al

tripleq

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 13, 2016
Its not hard but you have to be careful. I take it yours doesn't have a built in one. Do you have a good set of stones? If not, Ill bring some to the gathering. Im a knife maker, perhaps Ill bring a setup to sharpen some steel.

marctrees

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 1, 2016
Florida - You never gave us any idea if you have a $20 or a $2,000 slicer

The $20 one, you throw away and replace in reality.

A $2000 Berkel, Globe, Hobart etc.,  MANY places professionally sharpen them.

Probably not in your neighborhood, but USPS Flat Rate boxes are your friend.

Of course, check local Yellow Pages as said above.

Did you go here - ??

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=slicer+sharpening+

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=slicer+sharpening&start=10

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...=UTF-8#q=meat+slicer+blade+sharpening+service

Last edited:

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
My 7" Waring Blade is cheap to replace but a little Stone and Steel work by hand and it's good as new. The Chef Choice has add on sharpeners and for most of the big name high dollar slicers made in the last 20 years, you can order stone sharpeners for or find them on Ebay...JJ 

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.