Dry Aged Ribeyes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tatonka3a2

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Glenburn, ND
Started with some dry aged Ribeyes that we had in the freezer.  Coated with some roasted garlic olive oil and seasoned with Tatonka Dust and some Canadian Steak seasonings.

Off to the Yoder with only the magic of the Amazing Tube Smoker filled with Cherry.  Also threw on the Twice Baked Potatoes. These were straight from the freezer to the grill.  

In the meantime I was sauteing some onions in butter on the stove top.   I let these smoke for an hour and then turned the Yoder to 180° and cooked for 30 mins.  Removed the steaks and fired up our little camper grill with the grill grates to high.    

Move the Yoder to 275° Added a frozen bag of brussel sprouts to a pan with some minced garlic and a couple shakes of BP Desert Gold.  Potatoes still cruising along and added some garlic toast.

Tossed the steaks on the grill grates for a couple mins

then a FLIP

Plated up

oh... almost forgot one of the best parts.... the onions!

money shot

And finally desert - Apple Cheesecake Bars.  These are amazing!!  I think you may gain 2lbs just looking at the picture.  

Reactions: smokinhusker
looking good,   how bout the recipe for those apple cheesecake bars?   i just lost two pounds this last week so i got room

Outstanding Tanya! That dessert looks awesome. I would love the recipe.
first.gif

Warning this is NOT a diet friendly recipe but holy man is it good!!!!  And I apologize ahead of time for anyone that blows their diet because of these!

The original recipe is for Carmel Apple Cheesecake Bars but I didn't have any carmel in house so I left it out. I instead sprinkles some crunched up toffee bits on the top. Probably didn't need them as it was sweet enough from the apples and the crumble topping.

[font=&quot]Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars[/font]

[font=&quot]Ingredients:[/font]
[font=&quot]Crust:[/font]
[font=&quot]2 cups all-purpose flour [/font]
[font=&quot]1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar [/font]
[font=&quot]1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened [/font]

[font=&quot]Cheesecake Filling:[/font]
[font=&quot]3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened [/font]
[font=&quot]3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided [/font]
[font=&quot]3 large eggs [/font]
[font=&quot]1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract [/font]

[font=&quot]Apples:[/font]
[font=&quot]3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped [/font]
[font=&quot]1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon [/font]
[font=&quot]1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg [/font]

[font=&quot]Streusel Topping:[/font]
[font=&quot]1 cup firmly packed brown sugar [/font]
[font=&quot]1 cup all-purpose flour [/font]
[font=&quot]1/2 cup quick cooking oats [/font]
[font=&quot]1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened [/font]

[font=&quot]1/2 cup caramel topping[/font]

[font=&quot]Instructions:[/font]
[font=&quot]Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. [/font]
[font=&quot]In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 9x13 baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned. [/font]

[font=&quot]In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust. In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.

For the streusel topping:
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. I like to really combine it by using my clean hands to thoroughly combine the butter into the mixture.

Sprinkle Streusel topping over apples. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping and let cool. Serve cold and enjoy! Make 16 servings.[/font]

Reactions: mike johnson
just what I need.. more sweets.. The wife is cutting a piece as I type (she made the desert today)... thanks for the recipe...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky