• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Drum smoker build

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Welcome to the forums. Nice looking build you made. How did the wife react when she saw you building it?

Chris

Rkrug

Joined Nov 12, 2018
Thanks guys. Initially the wife wasn't upset until she saw the color... And Pyro513, not a lot of skill really. Just time and trial and error. Some turkey legs and Mac and cheese I did a year or so ago.

Attachments

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 1, 2016
Looks like you had barrels of fun with your build!:D Now we need to see so Qview from you.

Rkrug

Joined Nov 12, 2018
I considered going with three in top, still have enough to do another one but ultimately went with a permanent block and cedar smoker. Only thing I'd do different is racks. Instead of Weber grates I'd wild in some angle and make sliding racks.

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 7, 2017
Really? Seems like you'd lose a lot of rack real estate by having racks that could slide out of your current doors unless I'm missing something.

I've been watching this build since you posted. I love it!

Rkrug

Joined Nov 12, 2018
Actually no. The doors are wors enough maybe an inch each side is fixed. Sounds crazy but I've measured it multiple times to be sure. Sticking with what I've got, along with the new permanent smokehouse, but with those other 4 drums just lying around it's always tempting...

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 7, 2017
Ok, so I've been wanting to ask this question amongst others since the OP. How are your current racks mounted then if it's such a slight discrepancy between outside diameter of barrel and outside diameter of the Weber 22 rack?

Rkrug

Joined Nov 12, 2018
I am using stainless carriage bolts currently. But the opening of the doors is so wide if I was to weld in racks they would be nearly equivalent to the Weber grates

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.