Drum , drum drum drum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Your valve may be a 3/4", but the opening isin't, looks like you got one for a brass compression fitting...
I'd change that to a 3/4" ball valve and that will help with your adjustments. It has a much larger opening!

Nice drum
icon_smile.gif

Could it benefit from a tuning baffle to deflect and disperse some heat? Maybe one of those large round pizza pans with the little holes in it mounted up on the rod between the coals and your grates. Just a thought
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

Oh , I see. the one I got is stepped down !Was wondering about that.not familier with ball valves and such really.I will look for one that is a straight 3/4. Yeah , with the one I have open, taking a nipple cap of ( staight 3/4 ) it starts roar'in !Thanks again for the heads up.

Thats what so sweet about these things. They are sort of a hybrid imho. The meat sits and sizzles and drips juices into the fire causing more smoke/steam goodness !Which I'm thinking knoks the heat back incrementaly.at least seams to.

This has been tried by many a drumheads......always ends up in the trash!
Heat problems, heat recovery, warm-up, etc, plus it ruins the convection action around the food.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky