• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Draft Day burnt ends. Q-View

jetsknicks1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 23, 2011
Fantasy draft is tomorrow night and I'm trying some chuck burnt ends. I've done burnt ends with a tiny piece of brisket once but this is my first real attempt on a larger level.

Started with three chuck roasts, totaling 7#, rinsed them and made horizontal cuts about midway thru.
Dove into the cabinet and made up some rub. Can't give a recipe because I didn't measure anything lol, just kept playing with it until I liked the flavor but it has some brown sugar, OP, GP, SP, smoked paprika and a couple other things. Rubbed down the chucks, making sure to get it into the cuts.
I then made up some marinade of Worcester sauce, soy sauce, minced onions & minced garlic. Poured some in the bottom of the container and then slowly drizzled the rest over the top, making sure to not wash off the rub.

Into the fridge to go night night until tomorrow morning, when they'll hit the smoke. Thanks to everyone who has put up threads on these in the past because I read them all lol.

More to come, stay tuned.

bbqluvtoo

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 12, 2017
I'm in for this - these look like they will turn out fantastic - enjoy the ride - looking forward to the end results

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks like a great start!

Al

jetsknicks1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 23, 2011
DRAFT DAY!!
Pulled these out to get them closer to room temp while the smoker heats up. Looks like I made some of the cuts too deep so I ran those skewers thru to keep them from separating.

jetsknicks1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 23, 2011
Into the smoker we go. I put the thickest chuck on the lower rack and just poured the left over marinade into the drip pan. Let the day begin!

jetsknicks1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 23, 2011
Thanks Rings. Hit the stall at 174 and it started pouring lol so I'm fighting temps now.

jetsknicks1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 23, 2011
Pulled them at about 180*, the smaller one got away from me and was at 195*, I hope it'll still cubes. Letting them rest for about 30 minutes and then onto the next step.

Rings Я Us

Smoking Guru
Joined Jul 3, 2017
Pulled them at about 180*, the smaller one got away from me and was at 195*, I hope it'll still cubes. Letting them rest for about 30 minutes and then onto the next step.
Looks good.. I never have pre sliced a chuck roast. This is new to me. I have seen brisket flats pre sliced and used as burnt ends.

roger47

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 22, 2017
Thanks Jet.  I've been looking for something like to try but being a newbie, didn't have the fortitude to jump into it.  I'll definitely try this tomorrow!! 

roger

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.