Draft Day burnt ends. Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jetsknicks1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Ocala, Fl.
Fantasy draft is tomorrow night and I'm trying some chuck burnt ends. I've done burnt ends with a tiny piece of brisket once but this is my first real attempt on a larger level.

Started with three chuck roasts, totaling 7#, rinsed them and made horizontal cuts about midway thru.
Dove into the cabinet and made up some rub. Can't give a recipe because I didn't measure anything lol, just kept playing with it until I liked the flavor but it has some brown sugar, OP, GP, SP, smoked paprika and a couple other things. Rubbed down the chucks, making sure to get it into the cuts.
I then made up some marinade of Worcester sauce, soy sauce, minced onions & minced garlic. Poured some in the bottom of the container and then slowly drizzled the rest over the top, making sure to not wash off the rub.

Into the fridge to go night night until tomorrow morning, when they'll hit the smoke. Thanks to everyone who has put up threads on these in the past because I read them all lol.

More to come, stay tuned.

DRAFT DAY!!
Pulled these out to get them closer to room temp while the smoker heats up. Looks like I made some of the cuts too deep so I ran those skewers thru to keep them from separating.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky