Double Decker BLT with Fresh garden Tomato and homemade Cold Smoked Bacon!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
I have been looking forward to this sandwich since I made the Bacon back in February!!
IMG_20220616_184115.jpg

Man does that look good. I'm trying to hold off until the fresh tomatoes ripen around here. It's getting tough tho.

Point for sure
Chris

I'm jealous! Don't envy your temps down south but early garden fresh maters...yes! Looks awesome!

Ryan

Could not find fresh corn on the cob, had to use frozen pick sweet brand super sweet corn. But everything else in the jar is garden fresh. Ended up with 27 jars for the first batch of the season.

Man does that look good. I'm trying to hold off until the fresh tomatoes ripen around here. It's getting tough tho.

Point for sure
Chris

Fantastic, now that's a sandwich
I've got a big mouth BUT!!! ,
never mind I could do it , lol

David

Heck yeah Keith. Glad I'm not the only one that needs an extra bp pill after my BLT lol

I'm jealous! Don't envy your temps down south but early garden fresh maters...yes! Looks awesome!

Ryan

Looks like a great sandwich!
Thanks guys! It was delicious!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
12 thick cut slices of Apple and Hickory cold smoked bacon on that sandwich. The creole tomato was cut about 1/2" thick....2 slices....pure heaven!
There’s something beautiful about using 12 slices of bacon on a BLT! A restaurant will give you maybe 3. But because you’re a grown adult in charge of your own destiny, 12 is perfect. Haha! This is going to make me smile all night.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky