Double Bologna Batch

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
I did a double batch of bologna yesterday. One batch of 3 chubs was jalapeno. (a baby chub to)

458e2c23_DSC00514.jpg

And 2 chubs of garlic/black pepper.

755d8aa6_DSC00516.jpg

Hanging to dry the casings while the smoker comes to temp.

2a2a083f_DSC00517.jpg

Using some Bradley (pucks) rounds for the wood. These i have had opened and they were swollen and will not go through the Bradley smoke generator, So i will use them this way.

e7a68208_DSC00518.jpg

Ready to get some smoke.

4a195f50_DSC00519.jpg

Cooled down and ready to bloom before they get a couple days of fridge rest.

4f8087bb_DSC00521.jpg

$$ Shots in a day or so.

Once those are smoked and cured they can travel well
biggrin.gif
 let me know if I need to PM you my address - just sayin
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Last edited:
nice chubs there nepas and smoker. smoked, fried belogna sandwiches..............yum.

Once those are smoked and cured they can travel well
biggrin.gif
 let me know if I need to PM you my address - just sayin
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

nepas, just put them in yer mail box and gary will be by in a couple of weeks to pick them up.................

Nepas, as I was looking a your bologna my 76 year old father came back by the office and I called him in to look at your marvelous creation.  He looked, very slowly and read your statements, then he had a very loud  MM MM, he said "Son, if you can get the recipe for some regular plain bologna from that guy, I'll buy every thing you need to make a chub or two and help you make it!".  This is the first time he has ever said anything about helping me smoke anything, let alone paying for it, (He is an ultra conservative, thus my name Barry.......named for Sen. Barry Goldwater).  So nepas my friend if you have a recipe for plain old regular bologna and can point me to it I would really like to get Dad involved, he is running out of things to do and this would be a good thing that I think he would like.  Love the looks of that new smoker, I have got word out at the school board that I would like to have one of those proofers so I may have one before long!  Thanks nepas, excellent bologna and an unexpected spark of interest from my Dad!  Keep up the good work!

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif

Nepas, as I was looking a your bologna my 76 year old father came back by the office and I called him in to look at your marvelous creation.  He looked, very slowly and read your statements, then he had a very loud  MM MM, he said "Son, if you can get the recipe for some regular plain bologna from that guy, I'll buy every thing you need to make a chub or two and help you make it!".  This is the first time he has ever said anything about helping me smoke anything, let alone paying for it, (He is an ultra conservative, thus my name Barry.......named for Sen. Barry Goldwater).  So nepas my friend if you have a recipe for plain old regular bologna and can point me to it I would really like to get Dad involved, he is running out of things to do and this would be a good thing that I think he would like.  Love the looks of that new smoker, I have got word out at the school board that I would like to have one of those proofers so I may have one before long!  Thanks nepas, excellent bologna and an unexpected spark of interest from my Dad!  Keep up the good work!

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif
Thanks Barry

Glad to know that my post got your father interested. I will get the recipe posted prob tomorrow afternoon (have some honey do stuff)

Cant wait much longer for the bologna so here they are.

Jalapeno being un cased. Did a slice of the ends to look and taste. A OK here

43a365ab_DSC00540.jpg

d3c70369_DSC00541.jpg

aaf4dca8_DSC00542.jpg

Hard to keep em from rolling all over...HA

554328c6_DSC00544.jpg

Black pepper chubs.

9b63aa6e_DSC00545.jpg

e8fac090_DSC00546.jpg

872d4baf_DSC00548.jpg

50ccb6cd_DSC00550.jpg

All cut into halves, vac sealed and ready to go.

ace2e6ea_DSC00551.jpg

i see you take off your casings  before you froze  them,, just  a idea  i keep mine  on  to help  from freezer burn...

and  sometime i  wrap the  sausage with foil before puttting

them in the bag  to help from freeze  burn  just  thought i throw my 2 cent in,,, but  they  look great  thanks  for the pictures.

That ladies and gents is some FINE bologna right there! I'm just sitting here giddy over those chubby's. They look great.

Lol, in the first shot I was wonder'n what the heck's that in the bottom of that little glass of beer. Then I realized it is a bottle with what's probably to sinch down the ends of your casings.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful masterpiece!
points.gif

nepas, that smoker is awesome, is it brass or copper lined or what??????  man, nice and shiney, adjustable racking, i'm jelous, o yeah, awesome chubbys for sure...peace

i looked  at  your setup  and tools  and it's  amazing  must of the tools  you have i do too

i seen you have  a dakotah stuffer. Instead of using water them mine i use

a 3gal. air compressor  less mess that way. just  a idea..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky