Does a Bear Eat Turkey in The Woods?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Does a Bear Eat Turkey in The Woods?

Absolutely!!

I think this is the first time I made a Turkey, since we moved into this Log House, 17 years ago.
All the other times Bear Jr made the Turkey at his house (Down the driveway), because there were usually too many people for our Little House.
However this time Bear Jr’s Inlaws went to Bethany’s Brother’s house, so it was only the 4 of us.
I told Bear Jr. “I’ll make the Turkey at My House, as long as you come up a 10 minutes early & carve it for me.”
He always does an awesome Job carving a Turkey, and never sheds any blood or loses any fingers.
Nowadays my arms shake so much (Hemiballismus), it just isn’t safe to try to do any fancy carving. (Yet only 10 years ago I played with chainsaws! every day)
Bear Jr. usually Smokes the Turkey, but Mrs Bear didn’t want it smoked, and it’s good she didn’t because we had about 50 MPH winds here at the Bear Den.

So I rinsed & dried the 16 pound Birdie & covered it with Sesame Oil, and then Some Poultry Seasoning & some CBP, Garlic Powder & Onion Powder. Then into the Oven on the bottom position, and set at 325°.
It took about 4 hours to get to 170°, and we had some time left, so I cut the heat back to 200 for about a half hour, and then pulled it & covered it with foil, until Bear Jr got there to carve it up.
Mrs Bear made some Sweet Taters, Green Bean Casserole, Mashed Taters, and some Gravy. We also had some Cranberry Sauce & some Rolls.
Bethany made a couple of Pies for our Desserts too (See Pics Below).

Everything was Great, even My Turkey!!!
No sense doing a Step by Step this time, since it was just a Turkey in the Oven.

That’s about it.

Enjoy the Pics,

Bear

16 Pound Turkey just going in Mrs Bear's Oven:
IMG_4385.jpg

Holding for Dinner Time:
IMG_4387.jpg

Carving Time for Bear Jr:
IMG_4388.jpg

Surveying the Situation:
IMG_4389.jpg

All cut up:
IMG_4390.jpg

Time to take it to the Table:
IMG_4391.jpg

Dinner for 4:
IMG_4392.jpg

Closer Look:
IMG_4394.jpg

Yes a Bear Does Eat in the Woods.
Bear's Dinner:
IMG_4395.jpg

Desserts, by Bethany (Bear Jr's Wife). Pumpkin Pie & Mixed Berry Pie:
IMG_4398.jpg

First Leftover Meal for the Bear (Next Day):
IMG_4411.jpg

Wow ! Do you have security in the dining room to keep the predators away during the picture taking?? They must be confined in some way! I would be sneaking bites... Great looking dinner Bear..

LOOKS GREAT! We agree with missus. While I love smoked turkey, no way for Thanksgiving dinner. That said, it's perfect for TG "2nd dinner" after football/poker/etc. :emoji_laughing:

Heck yeah

The bear and family eat good.

Nice feast bear.

Dang Fine Looking Meal, Turkey looks great and everything else

Gary

Looks like a postcard for Thanksgiving dinner.

It absolutely does!! Fantastic job Bear and a beautiful meal. This looks like it came directly out of a Norman Rockwell painting. It's that perfect!! Big ol' Texas sized LIKE on this one my friend!!

Damn that looks good!!
Robert

Excellent looking thanksgiving meal bear! Haven't had a nice low key thanksgiving like that in years!

Thank You John!!
All our meals at the Den are Low Key. :emoji_bear:
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice spread Bear! Keep lookin' at those pies, I love pie. Like, RAY

Thank You Ray!!
Yup I love the Pies too, especially the Berry Pie, like all Bears Like Pies!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great looking food!
Looks like Ozzie & Harriet!
I'm sure most of the guys never heard of them!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky