Doe-A-Roni & Shrimp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Doe-A-Roni & Shrimp

OK—I got a Pound of Shrimp, and made them my favorite way.
In a Hot Pan with a lot of Bubbling Butter makes them taste so good.
Then I like to pour the melted butter in the bowl with the Shrimp.
That way each time I nuke some up for a snack, or a side, I heat some of that butter too.

So this time Mrs Bear whipped up a big pot of “Doe-A-Roni” for us too. (See Pics below)
She used some Elbow Macaroni & some Deerburger.
I love that stuff, but I even added a few Shrimp to mine.

Most of the time I just pull some Shrimp & Butter out of my refrigerated bowl, and Nuke it for TV Snacks.
These snacks used to be for Football Games, but it looks like it’s gonna be mostly Movies now.

Enjoy the Pics,

Bear

One pound of Shrimp I got back in February:
IMG_5399.jpg

Into a pan of Hot Butter:
IMG_5400.jpg

Add some "Old Bay":
IMG_5401.jpg

Into my bowl for the Fridge, for future Snacks:
IMG_5402.jpg

One Small Shrimp Snack Nuked with it's Butter: MMMMmmmmm.........
IMG_5403.jpg

One Big Pot of "Doe-A-Roni" (Beef-A-Roni made with Deerburger from a Doe):
IMG_5404.jpg

Bear's first helping, with a few Shrimp on the Perimeter:
IMG_5405.jpg

I use a Bowl when I want it to stay Hot longer. I also add some Frank's to mine once it's separated from Mrs Bear's share:
IMG_5406.jpg

Here I put it around the perimeter, with a bare spot in the middle----This makes it heat up quicker & more evenly:
IMG_5407.jpg

That will get er done. Looks good

Looks great Bear! Although I dont think I would get too many snacks out of a lb of shrimp lol! Seems they disappear too fast! The Doe-A-Roni would get gobbled up fast around here as well!

Looks very good.Love shrimp in any form.

Seafood's been a staple the last few months.Kept me out of the big stores when people were still in hoarding mode.

Mighty fine looking meal for sure! Think I'd be like travis...snack less! Lol love the title

Nice job
Ryan

Looks and sounds great bear! Love Shrimp any way I can get it. Especially leftovers the next few days.

Big Like!

Mike

Hey Bear...all that works buddy. Nice looking stuff, that's for sure. Would love to try the Doe-A-Roni but sadly Tracy won't do game food and I have no idea why. Oh well...I just live vicariously though you.

Robert

Another great meal ! We always had " ground meat and noodles " that looks like your Doe a roni .
Good stuff . Nice add with the shrimp .
This is making me hungry .

looks good bear, better hurry and eat your supply deer season will be here before ya know it. I just sent out for my first round of doe tags.

Very cool and the Name cracked me up! My New England born MIL, called it American Chop Suey. Good stuff by any name...JJ

That will get er done. Looks good

Thank You FB !!

Bear

Looks great Bear! Although I dont think I would get too many snacks out of a lb of shrimp lol! Seems they disappear too fast! The Doe-A-Roni would get gobbled up fast around here as well!

Thank You Travis!!
Well I'm the only one in this house who eats Seafood & Fish, and we don't hav e Kids here any more to help eat anything.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks very good.Love shrimp in any form.

Seafood's been a staple the last few months.Kept me out of the big stores when people were still in hoarding mode.

Thank You Norm!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks good , and "everything" tastes good with some deerburger .

Thanks Rider!!
Yup---Mrs Bear doesn't like any Deer parts, but she likes my Deerbuger Mix better than Straight Ground Beef.

Bear

Mighty fine looking meal for sure! Think I'd be like travis...snack less! Lol love the title

Nice job
Ryan

Thank You Ryan!!!
I gotta watch my portion control, since I can't do any exercise any more!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I'd be all over that in a hot second Bear, love everything about it, Like. I'd take a doe over a buck every time, used to love when I'd get drawn for doe tags, I like to see my trophies on the freezer shelf. RAY

Looks and sounds great bear! Love Shrimp any way I can get it. Especially leftovers the next few days.

Big Like!

Mike

Thank You Mike!!
My feelings, exactly!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Hey Bear...all that works buddy. Nice looking stuff, that's for sure. Would love to try the Doe-A-Roni but sadly Tracy won't do game food and I have no idea why. Oh well...I just live vicariously though you.

Robert

Thank You Robert!!
Don't forget, it's only "Half" Deer Meat.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Another great meal ! We always had " ground meat and noodles " that looks like your Doe a roni .
Good stuff . Nice add with the shrimp .
This is making me hungry .

Thank You Rich!!
Yup---We always called it "Beef-a-Roni", until we started using Deerburger.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky