Do I need a blanket? Cast iron?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mamamer

Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
hey. I’m new. So excited. I live in Utah and it gets cold. Is it worth investing in a blanket? Do you all have any favorite accessories that you think everyone would want?

hey. I’m new. So excited. I live in Utah and it gets cold. Is it worth investing in a blanket? Do you all have any favorite accessories that you think everyone would want?

Well, heck yeah. If you're cold, get a blanket... ;)
LOL!

If you want to try wrapping your BBQ, or draping a blanket over it, you could try a welders blanket, or look for a blanket made to fit your BBQ.
If you stay close to it, you could try a movers blanket. But only if you are right there in case it catches fire.

What are you wanting to wrap?

Welcome to Smoking Meat Forums!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!
There are so many BBQ toys that you will want to have, and a welders blanket may be one of them.
Al

The blankets are definitely a plus summer or winter for a pellet cooker - reduces the pellet consumption

Maybe not for everyone, but I really like my Grill Grates, and use them on the gasser as well as the pellet cookers. I've also used them for camping on an open fire - make for a really compact, light weight cooking surface.

Reactions: SonnyE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky