Diving into pellet grills

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
They're made in the same factory by the same company. Grilla specifies a couple minor differences and calls it their own.

That's good to know. I am looking at either the Silverbac or the Broilking pellet models. Broilking looks good but few reviews so far.

The broil king is only 14ga, compared to 12ga on silverbac. Haven't really looked at other differences yet

If I were ever to up-size from my Traeger 22, the silverbac would be a strong contender.
I like the heavier duty construction, yet still under $1k.
Granted, you add a shelf, PID control, umbrella holder, and comp cart you're quickly spending $1.5k.

Reactions: megabrisket
If I were ever to up-size from my Traeger 22, the silverbac would be a strong contender.
I like the heavier duty construction, yet still under $1k.
Granted, you add a shelf, PID control, umbrella holder, and comp cart you're quickly spending $1.5k.
The pro car is expensive. Most people don't need that so you can add everything else and it's still just $1008. Granted that pro cart is nice if you're on the move.
Remember you're also getting the customer service of the company you side with. here's a story from a recent Silverbac owner.
"For those on the fence about getting a Grilla made Grill, let me tell you how I came to my decision. I was on the fence like most and I kept seeing the Woodwind Ads pop up on Facebook. I saw the YouTube video where it compares the Woodwind to the Traeger. I was so convinced that I added it to my cart. I wanted to make sure one last time so I YouTubed pellet grills one last time and I saw the video with Mark Graham and Shane talking about the features of the Silverbac. I was so impressed with the design and the engineering behind these that I bought one.
I ended up receiving it the week before Father’s Day last year. I got it put together and was getting it seasoned when the temp would get to 230 and then start going down again. So I unplugged and plugged back in and still the same thing. I took everything out and watched the fire box and fired it up again and it would get to a certain point and do the same thing. So I emailed Grilla on Saturday morning no expecting a response until Monday and sure enough a response back at noon. I tried what they told me to do and I emailed again and then Father’s Day I received a response from Mark with his cell phone and told me to call him so we could walk through some more steps and found out the control board was bad and he had one shipped out overnight on Monday. This has to be the best customer service I could ask for and I am so happy with this purchase. I don’t think that there is a company out there that goes above and beyond. Sorry for the long read, I just wanted to share this."

Last edited:
Don't want to rain on your parade Mega. Everything I'm reading these days says the Grilla Company products are first rate. I bought my Woodwind SG in February this year. I've had some issues with it that required interaction with CC Customer Support. They have been great working with me to resolve my issues both through emails and phone calls. I will probably invest in a replacement grill within a year or two based on what I'm finding out about pellet grills through this website and a couple others that I visit daily, but I am absolutely convinced that CC products and Customer Support are both excellent based on just my experience with the company. The reason I would consider replacing the Woodwind would be to get better/improved functionality that CC doesn't offer; WiFi and PID control would be just a couple of improvements worth replacing for. But I am a very happy camper with regards to the food quality I an producing with the Woodwind SG.

Don't want to rain on your parade Mega. Everything I'm reading these days says the Grilla Company products are first rate. I bought my Woodwind SG in February this year. I've had some issues with it that required interaction with CC Customer Support. They have been great working with me to resolve my issues both through emails and phone calls. I will probably invest in a replacement grill within a year or two based on what I'm finding out about pellet grills through this website and a couple others that I visit daily, but I am absolutely convinced that CC products and Customer Support are both excellent based on just my experience with the company. The reason I would consider replacing the Woodwind would be to get better/improved functionality that CC doesn't offer; WiFi and PID control would be just a couple of improvements worth replacing for. But I am a very happy camper with regards to the food quality I an producing with the Woodwind SG.
No doubt Camp Chef makes a good product and has good service, but after being on the fence and looking at a couple of their units I rolled the dice on the Grilla Silverbac. I've been using up here in Michigan since December, I'm not going to knock Camp Chef but I am comfortable that the Silverbac is a far better designed, engineered, and built product for the money. You owe it to yourself to at least find someone in your area that has one and take a look at it.

After spending over $1,100 on the Woodwind & accessories, I think I'll just ride this one for a couple of years - know what I mean? :emoji_wink:

I'm in the same boat with my Traeger. I have it pretty dialed in now, this Savannah Stoker controller is awesome. Food gets better every cook.
I'm going to try wearing it out before going with a higher quality brand name.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky