Ditching the pellet smoker for a stick burner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good call. He'll get good use of it and you can always get it back if the offset doesn't work out.
Before you spend a lot of time and money on upgrades and mods I'd just cook on it and see what works and doesn't work for you. Use it as the manufacturer intended first.

What part of the Piedmont are you in? I'm in Kernersville here
I live in Keernersville also. Right of of Glenn Hi road.

Congrats on the stick burner. I switched to stick about 2 1/2 years ago. Havent touched my charcoal cabinet or Kamado since. Sold my small pellet grill and gave my Masterbuilt MES40 electric away. 100% best accessory I bought for my Lang is a weed burner. Love not messing with fire starters or chimneys of coal. I put a small pile of coal or just wood in the firebox, hit it with the flamethrower and roll. So awesome.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Even though it's not an offset, I went through the same stuff with my WSM. Lid and side door leaks drove me nuts at first. I just learned to deal with.
Yep!

Heat and smoke gotta go somewhere.

I used my WSM a lot and added a Yoder Loaded Wichita to my arsenal. I still have my original Weber Kettle from 1979 and it works great. I have a Weber Smokey Joe I bought years ago for camping and I still have uses for it.

None of them have failed to produce wonderful food due to leaks or any other reason. Don't overthink it. Just enjoy the activity and the food. Smoking meat is part science and part art.

Reactions: Butt Smoke
Congrats on the stick burner. I switched to stick about 2 1/2 years ago. Havent touched my charcoal cabinet or Kamado since. Sold my small pellet grill and gave my Masterbuilt MES40 electric away. 100% best accessory I bought for my Lang is a weed burner. Love not messing with fire starters or chimneys of coal. I put a small pile of coal or just wood in the firebox, hit it with the flamethrower and roll. So awesome.
I have one of those too. They are great.

Reactions: jcam222
I got tired of using matches to light newspaper in the chimney starter so now I use a Bernzomatic self-lighting torch that I already owned to light the newspaper. I do things in a certain order and need that time the charcoal gets going to do other things. But using the weed burner sounds a lot cooler than using a Bernzomatic torch! :D

The auto ignite on my weed burner quit igniting. I've no idea what happened.

I got tired of using matches to light newspaper in the chimney starter so now I use a Bernzomatic self-lighting torch that I already owned to light the newspaper. I do things in a certain order and need that time the charcoal gets going to do other things. But using the weed burner sounds a lot cooler than using a Bernzomatic torch! :D
I used the smaller torch for awhile too to light starter and a chimney. Yep you would love the flamethrower

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky