Disney Style (Cured) Chicken Legs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gecko10

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 8, 2020
I got tired of trying to find turkey legs so I made Disney style (cured) chicken legs. They came out great with a wonderful taste. Matter of fact, from now on, I will do these instead of turkey legs, they are easier to eat.

4 lbs of legs
4 Cups water
1 bay leaf
1.5 teaspoon of kosher salt
¼ Cup Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon of black peppercorns
2.5 teaspoons of Prague powder #1
Cured them for 18 hrs
20200802_172606.jpg

Smoked them for 2 hrs at 250 then 1 hr at 350

Last edited:
Looks good. I like the holder too

Rack is from Amazon.
I cant seem to get a link to post. But the rack is a Bayou Classic Leg and Wing Rack. $15.00

Nice. Where or how does the 'Disney' come into play? My rack hangs wings and drumsticks, it doesn't look like yours has the the little zig-zag rod for the wings.

82dUwCy.jpg

Nice. Where or how does the 'Disney' come into play? My rack hangs wings and drumsticks, it doesn't look like yours has the the little zig-zag rod for the wings.

View attachment 457227
I'm thinking they sell smoked turkey legs at Disneyland, and this is a knock off of them. We have a county fair near us that sells them...for about $12 per turkey leg! Yikes!

Ryan

Reactions: jcam222
Good looking legs Gecko.

Here's the rack I got. Bought two about 8 years ago. No longer use them since getting my Vortex. Actually don't smke just legs, often. More into thighs and wings and the vortex works great for both.

I did a Google search for Disney Turkey legs. Most of the brines are curing brines, several recipes had some aromatics added. One article said Disney buys legs from huge turkeys, like 50# birds! So I guess I've been making Disney Drumsticks for a long time.... :emoji_laughing:

uD2b3jn.jpg

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky