DIRTY LITTLE SECRET!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
just had a friend make these and I had never heard of them. It's peaked my interest and now someone here has brought them up have to try it.

They ROCK! My kids absolutely love them...

Just make sure you do them the big islan' stylin' way and put the spam in the middle!!! The rest of the state puts it on the top but it's so much better in the middle. The furikake is optional.

I'm guessing you don't have a gata: musubi mold. I have a double gata (makes two at a time). If not you can make them using the spam can as your mold. The smaller can, 8 oz(?), is the perfect size for making them.

I to have had the Soft wonder bread, peanut butter, grape jelly, ruffles potato chips and sliced kosher dill pickles and it is not a bad sammie, my wife thinks I'M nuts but to see her eat cottage cheese and peaches all in one bowl makes me do a heave.

They ROCK! My kids absolutely love them...

Just make sure you do them the big islan' stylin' way and put the spam in the middle!!! The rest of the state puts it on the top but it's so much better in the middle. The furikake is optional.

I'm guessing you don't have a gata: musubi mold. I have a double gata (makes two at a time). If not you can make them using the spam can as your mold. The smaller can, 8 oz(?), is the perfect size for making them.
I'm going to try it this weekend. Where would one find the furikake?

Last edited:
Cold leftover spaghetti between slices of heavily buttered bread.

Peanut butter and Miracle Whip sandwiches were a staple when I was a kid.  I don't much eat them now.

Eggs poached in Campbell's Tomato soup served over toast.  Also, served when I was a kid and I occasionally make it now to the disgust of all in the house.

Many others already mentioned.

Last edited:
I am a cheese fanatic...never had one I didn't like.. But when I want a burger or a sandwich, there is nothing better than processed American cheese...love it in omelets too. My friends all kill me for ordering a sliced steak sandwich at our local pub and asking for American instead of the fancy ass cheddar it comes with. And velveeta is the fakest of all but in my opinion the best...melts beautifully.

Nothin better than american cheese. Clearfield american is the best.

My junk food would be frozen pizzas, scrapple and pudding meat.

Two pieces of white bread, 1 piece baloney, 1 piece Kraft (must be Kraft) orange cheese slice, mayo, ketchup, and a small piece of iceberg lettuce. Combine that with a Cup-o-Noodle soup and you can live like a college kid!

Got through many a nigh in the dorm room on that meal!
sausage.gif

.... and I recently discovered Oscar Meyer now has a jalapeno baloney, it is really good!
biggrin.gif

Here's a pic of some of what you need. The four jars on the left are various furikake, spam, musubi mold (you can use the spam can as well), and the sushi nori sheets. I'd you are going to use the can for your mold cut the nori in half, the long way.

I bought my can of spam last night :biggrin: Do you think publix would have the furikake? Are you making actual sushi sticky rice or just regular rice?

Quick and easy lunch I picked up off a sparky when I worked in a printworks was empty a can of Heinz baked beans, a can of tuna and a liberal sprinkling of canned sliced jalpeno peppers into a bowl and eat cold.

We had a microwave and toaster in the back office on that job and would send out for a curry on nightshift. We'd just started on the curry one night when we got called to a breakdown, an hour later we got back and popped our meals into the micro and Garry the sparky put his naan into the toaster. Unfortunately we got called back out and that night was always referred to as "THE NIGHT OF THE GREAT NAAN BREAD FIRE" 
icon_lol.gif

Reactions: mike w
I have gotta post in this, great thread by the way, my dls is peanut butter, mayo, and banana, or peanut butter, jelly and swiss cheese, and i also love the liver mush, vienna sausage (has to be the one with hot sauce on bread with mayo, spam fried and on a sammy or just in a plate with eggs, my father also grew up during the depression and he always had strange money saving concoctions to try, biscuit or bread crumbled in a glass of cold milk. I had a blast reading this thread, please keep them coming.

I bought my can of spam last night
biggrin.gif
Do you think publix would have the furikake? Are you making actual sushi sticky rice or just regular rice?
We use sticky rice, like sushi. Your best bet for Furikake would be an Asian market. I can't get it here no Asian market, but I have ordered it off Amazon.

Spam musubis with furikake!
Ok I gotta ask.  For us country heck rednecks; just what is it?  If it has fried spam in it,  it just MUST be good.  Fried spam and fried baloney rate right up there as gourmet food.  Glad the new folks are joining in.  Comfort food, home, Mom and Grandma.  Can't get better than that!  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Ok I gotta ask.  For us country heck rednecks; just what is it?  If it has fried spam in it,  it just MUST be good.  Fried spam and fried baloney rate right up there as gourmet food.  Glad the new folks are joining in.  Comfort food, home, Mom and Grandma.  Can't get better than that!  Keep Smokin!
Danny

It also can come with scrambled eggs. I have also seen it made with Portuguese sausage.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky