DiggingDogFarm's Plump & Perky Breakfast Sausage....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

diggingdogfarm

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 23, 2011
Southern Tier of New York State
This is a recipe I created......

DiggingDogFarm's Plump & Perky Breakfast Sausage

1 Kilo (2.2 lbs.) Well-Fatted Pork Butt (30-35% Fat)
18 grams Salt
1-1/2 tsp. Ground White Pepper
1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
2 tsps. Ground Sage
1 tsp. Thyme (packed)
1/2 tsp.Ground Coriander
1/2 tsp. Powdered Ginger
1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Ground Mace
1 tsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Ice Water.

Grind pork through a 3/8 inch plate, grind 1/3 of the ground pork through the same plate once more.
Combine salt, Herbs, Spices, Sugar and Lemon Juice with the Ice water, mix well.
Combine the mixture with the pork and let rest in the fridge for 2-3 hours to extract the proteins.
After resting, mix sausage mixture until sticky.
Stuff into hog casings and make 3 to 3.5 inch plump links.
Don't overcook!

Last edited:
Reactions: boomerpusher
Look great,  sure would like to see some more Qview,   Toss a couple in the pan for me so I can get some smell a vision!!

Interesting recipe, thanks for sharing.

The kids wanted a sausage that tastes kind of like McDonald's (of all things), but better.
This is what I came up with.

Look great,  sure would like to see some more Qview,   Toss a couple in the pan for me so I can get some smell a vision!!

My batteries ran low right after that pic. LOL
I'll try to get a finished pic soon.

Last edited:
Nice links Dig...........................
icon14.gif

Joe

Those look great. Going to have to give them a shot - thanks for sharing the recipe

Hey Martin I missed this the first time through! This flavor profile is one my kids would like...Thanks...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky