Die Hard Smoker Guys

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lovethemeats

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 17, 2015
Michigan
The thrill of smoking doesn't have to end cause the weather is cold.
So far every weekend I have seen these 2 guys out in the bitter cold doing their thing while I am on my way to work on Saturdays. I stopped by once and picked up some grub for my lunch. Damn it was good. I should have taken a picture of these 2. They love doing what they do. It doesn't matter what its like outside to them. For them guys. Making awesome food is top of their game. When it was only 10 degrees out. They were there doing what they love. I will have to stop by and get a picture of them.
True diehards. Brings a smile to my face when I see them out there. So when you say its too cold out to smoke something. Think again. Hasn't stopped them.

That's awesome!! The cold hasn't stopped me or my MES 30 yet lol. I have hot and cold smoked different things this year and everytime the MES fires right up and putts along. Lots of days around 0 to -10 C(14-32F) and a couple days in the -20 to -25 C (-4 to -13 F) range. I dont mind a little cold for some good food but I am also able to spend majority of the time inside looking at my thermopro and watching football since the MES is pretty much set and forget for most things.

Gotta love those type of people! Somewhere I have a photo of myself standing waist deep snow grilling some steaks. The photographer is holding up her phone showing the weather to be -57*C with the wind chill.

Reactions: McCann519
I can't take real cold. Anything below 50 degrees and I'm looking for a heated room. My family goes so far back in the South that I think we have evolved to the point where we have no tolerance for it. Cold tolerance is no longer in my genetic makeup.

Reactions: SonnyE
Carnivores carn do. God Bless them.
What drives me off is our summer heat here. I find it hard to sit on the outdoor patio when it's bumping over 100 degrees.
But I have never been cold since I moved back from Wyoming in 1982.

In Wyoming, we were playing in the snow, dragging a car hood behind the Toyota Land-bruiser, and got down to T-shirts.
Nice sunny day after -30* nights...
It was zero degrees, and we were in T-shirts. You could not tell the gender of brass monkeys there....
I cut my finger pretty good one time. It didn't bleed. It oozed...
No Sir, ain't been cold since. But it was a good life experience.

I must be crazy. I like winter. I like the snow. It doesn't slow me down much. Born into it. Grown up in it. Love it. Every time it snows I pray for 3ft. Seeing the seasons is awesome to. Birthday coming next week and already thinking of what to smoke for it. One thing I wished I have tried this winter was doing bacon. Have to get that one under me.

The coldest it gets in my area is in the 20 and 30s at night. Rarely into the teens. I never really give the cold a second thought.

Rain is my issue, but I've smoked in the rain plenty. We don't have a covered porch. A local sports store has a big sale on pop up covers tomorrow. Just might have to go pick one up for the rain.

I live in a retirement community ( a lot of rules ) so my smoker is always in the elements, living at the nj shore area
it`s mostly rain. I made a roof to cover my smoker to try and match the unit so far so good I also have my auber
hooked up inside the house as long as its smoking I stay inside
IMG_0623.JPG
IMG_0624.JPG

Reactions: troutman and SonnyE
The coldest it gets in my area is in the 20 and 30s at night. Rarely into the teens. I never really give the cold a second thought.

Rain is my issue, but I've smoked in the rain plenty. We don't have a covered porch. A local sports store has a big sale on pop up covers tomorrow. Just might have to go pick one up for the rain.

The pop-up covers can work good.
Watch out for wind though...
We have some Patio umbrella's, I occasionally employ those.
They are faster and easier to lower if the wind comes up. (Does a lot here in the afternoons)
We don't get a lot of rain, usually. But have 1.6" this year.
In 20 days.... Quack!

9F87A90E-C1F1-4117-B3C5-0A98927B71CC.jpeg

Gotta love “Dining Tarps”

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky