Did my first ABTs this weekend. Are there ever leftovers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meandmytwodogs

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Beaver Lake/Plattsmouth, Nebraska
I just made up my first batch of ABTs this weekend. Man were they awesome! I used jalepenos cut in half and stuffed with a mixture of chopped grilled chicken, pineaple and cream cheese, then wrapped in bacon. I had a hunch they would be good but OMG! They were fantastic! I had 20 pieces when they were finished and did not expect them to go as fast as they did. At least not until I tried one for myself. They were a huge hit and next time I make them to take to a party I will have to at least double the batch. Thanks again to the entire SMF for the wealth of knowledge and killer ideas bestowed upon me. This site rocks!

Dave

I know...no pics, didn't happen. I gotta get me a new camera. I dropped the last one in the driveway. Doh!

I always make enough for leftovers. Just the two of us most of the time. We try to hold our intake to just 3 each
PDT_Armataz_01_07.gif
Boy is that hard. Still, wife reheats them in toaster over for 12 to 15 minutes @ 300º. Taste darn good.

we always try to make way more than we think we will nee for a crowd. but it is never enough, but when Katie and I just have them I make extras for lunch. Katie will take them and put on a hotdog bun for work.

Sounds like a tasty mixture for the little boats ya made. I also made my first batch of abt's over the weekend and took the leftovers to work today. Co-workers loved them .... need to add them to the pot luck list ...

The fact that I had an ache caused by a broken tooth all weekend contributed to the fact that I have THREE uneaten ABTs in my fridge right now. I got that tooth pulled today and Im looking at those 3 little guys like"you maybe safe for now but....." Mind you I still ate about 10 even though my face was hating me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky