• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Diabetes and a little help..

pote05

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 27, 2010
http://www.diabetesforums.com/forum/search/id/142388/

I have had Type 2 now for over 5 years and I am blessed as I am winning my battle with the big "D".. Here is a GREAT message Board that can help any of you on questions you might have that you don't want to ask on here... It has taught me so much.  Also any of you can PM me and I will try to help out any way I can...   You need to keep your morning Blood Sugars under 120 if you can...  I still eat great, still drink beer. Watch my carbs on other things and work out somewhat...

MY NEW BLOODWORK in...
Total Cholesterol: 160
HDL: 50
LDL: 90
Triglycerides: 106
A1c Test: 5.5

All right down from 5.8 4 months ago. It has been 5 years since I have had an A1C test over 6.0... 
Weight stayed the same as in November, overall down 29 pounds last year...  I still need to lose about 25 more..  

oldschoolbbq

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 16, 2008
Thanks,Poteo5
 This will help me also. I'm not giving up my BBQ though,good thing Protien is good stuff-LOL

Glad you are getting better, stick in there,"Q" is just as good without sugar,so I'M there

Have fun and remember...;}-

smoke 2 geaux

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 18, 2010
Congrats man.  That low carb diet is the real deal.  I am lucky not to have the big D, but I have dropped about 30 lbs over the last year cutting out the sugar and starches.  Any diet that lets me eat ribs every weekend is A-OK with me.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Congrats to you Pote!!!

Keep up the good work!

Bear

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
Congrats sir! I have a dear friend with type 2 and I enjoy finding special things I can make sugar free for him. His fave is the sugar free banana pudding! Keep up the good work!

pote05

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 27, 2010
Now I'm not saying I am perfect by a long ways, you just don't have to quit having a good time if you watch what you do...

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Hey Pote-thanks for posting that link. It was a reminder that I joined that site in 2009.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Congrats Pote, making positive changes in your life is sometimes hard, keep up the good work!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.