• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Desperate times call for desperate measures

lspilot82

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 30, 2009
Thats right, yes thats a picture of two beautiful butts along side an A-Maze-N-Smoker in my oven. My pressure regulator went out on my propane smoker, and I dont have time to go get a new one. Its a good thing the wife is at work. I wouldn't be able to get away with this had she been here. Lol. I have the overhead oven fan on, and a box fan sucking or blowing, whichever you prefer to call it, right out the door. Hey, a man gots to do what a man gots to do.

I just pray the smoke smell is gone by the time the wifey gets home, or I might be in the dog house.

okie362

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 2, 2014
It was nice to have made your acquaintance.  It's heroes like you that we will all miss when you're gone.  That comes later today I'm sure!!

hamrhead1971

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 30, 2014
You, my friend, are a brave man. I would recommend locking up all guns :Gunner:, knives :duel:, rolling pins :Bottom:, frying pans :hit:, etc. I will pray for you.

bluewhisper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 1, 2014
I used a cast iron casserole in the smoker, that worked fine. But the next time I used it in the oven and it came up to temperature, it bloomed smoke aroma and it smelled exactly like there was a fire  in the house.

driedstick

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 3, 2011
Dang it man you are one brave soul!!      

Great job,,, 

I usually say a full smoker is a happy smoker but in this case oven just does not sound right 

Good luck let us know how it comes out 

DS

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
.... well at least you'll have those two pork butts to eat while your in the dog house!

lspilot82

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 30, 2009
The wife got home and questioned why did it smell so smokey. Lol. I just shrugged my shoulders. [emoji]128521[/emoji]

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
The wife got home and questioned why did it smell so smokey. Lol. I just shrugged my shoulders. [emoji]128521[/emoji]
You're either a great liar, when it comes to the wife, or your makeshift smoke extraction worked really well!  

So, how are the butts, now that we know yours is safe...

driedstick

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 3, 2011
Money shot!! Were waiting - you are so flippin lucky LOL 

DS

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
That's Funny!

sfprankster

Master of the Pit
Joined May 6, 2015
60 days from now, when she makes the same comment, I'm not sure the shrugged shoulders will work again. 

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Trust me, you're not out of the woods, Pilot! One of these days, when you least expect it, for no forseeable reason, it will come back and bite you on the butt. She wasn't fooled, she just loaded another round in the mag for the future...
So how did the pork come out finally?
[emoji]9786[/emoji]

jayxan

Joined Dec 14, 2015
Well done man... Well done... Let's see what you have to show for your troubles!

bryce

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 15, 2012
Turning the oven into a smoker. We've all thought about it but never mustered the courage. Love the commitment!

mr t 59874

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 9, 2011
Looking at this scientifically.   Did you notice any significant differences in smoke deposits or aroma between the bedspread, pillow, sheets, and mattress?   I expect it may take a while to get an answer. 

muralboy

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 17, 2015
I'd like to see photos of the "well seasoned" oven's interior after this smoke. Better stock up on Easy-Off

lemans

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 29, 2013
We all raise a glass to you! Brave man. Well done.
You should have bought a lot of flowers and had them all around the house when she came home..

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.