• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Deli meats and meat press

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like Peachey it is greatly appreciated.

Yup you bet the pressure is on I'm a contrary old man and a point on taste for things.

Warren

mr crab

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 28, 2014
I have a Madax ham press, and have done several projects with it. I've found that I get a better product when I use fibrous casings instead. They just produce a tighter loaf when stuffed properly. And with the fibrous casings it's easier to cold smoke the loaves before cooking.

danmcg

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Here's chunked turkey breast with 1% poultry seasoning with a reduced turkey jelly to aid in binding. this was mostly an experiment to see if I could get a good bind without phosphates.
It did turn out really well, until I realized the bird already was injected from the factory.

IMG_3749 (2).JPG
IMG_3755 (1).JPG

Last edited:

smokin peachey

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 1, 2016
Looks good Dan. What percentage of meat was ground vs chunks and was it precooked?

danmcg

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
75/25 chunk to ground and all was raw. The ground was some thigh meat to get the total weight up

Last edited:

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Nice looking loaf whoa be the hidden ingredients. Read small print. :emoji_wink:

Warren

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom