Deli meats and meat press

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for the like Peachey it is greatly appreciated.

Yup you bet the pressure is on I'm a contrary old man and a point on taste for things.

Warren

I have a Madax ham press, and have done several projects with it. I've found that I get a better product when I use fibrous casings instead. They just produce a tighter loaf when stuffed properly. And with the fibrous casings it's easier to cold smoke the loaves before cooking.

Reactions: zwiller
Here's chunked turkey breast with 1% poultry seasoning with a reduced turkey jelly to aid in binding. this was mostly an experiment to see if I could get a good bind without phosphates.
It did turn out really well, until I realized the bird already was injected from the factory.

IMG_3749 (2).JPG
IMG_3755 (1).JPG

Last edited:
75/25 chunk to ground and all was raw. The ground was some thigh meat to get the total weight up

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky