Smoked Bear Loaf (Hot---All Beef)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks-Great.gif
Bear.

Looks great Bear! Thank-you for another awesome step by step tutorial. Your making it easy for anyone to duplicate what you have done.
Thanks Al !

Also making it easier for me to duplicate!  
biggrin.gif

Bear

Another great post and tutorial Bear...on my list after Bear Logs...like the heat bump
Thanks Willie!

You can use this recipe for the Logs too---About the only difference is the heat.

Just adjust the TQ for however much you're making, and you're good to go.

Bear

It must be nice to have "extra" room.  At least you'll never go hungry. 

If you mean the extra fridge & little chest freezer, you're right Dave.

It was easy to talk the boss into it, because it was her idea to get the stupid side by side we already had.

We had a side by side about 30 years ago, and that one sucked. I don't know what made her think this one would be any different !  
head-wall.gif

I designed this house, and she picked all of the stuff that went into it, including that lousy side by side combo.

As for the designing, there are 3 screw-ups in this house---one her fault, one the architect's fault, and one mine!

Bear

Last edited:
I used this and another posts of Bearcarver to make snack sticks. They were terrific. The reason I combined the two posts is I liked the idea of a hotter snack stick but liked the slow smoking of the other thread for texture. Thanks for the help, Bear.

Disco

I used this and another posts of Bearcarver to make snack sticks. They were terrific. The reason I combined the two posts is I liked the idea of a hotter snack stick but liked the slow smoking of the other thread for texture. Thanks for the help, Bear.

Disco
Thanks Disco!!!

You're getting to be my best customer!!
icon14.gif

Bear

Hey Bear,

I'm in the middle of making a batch of your beef loaf. I've got a ton of home raised ground beef from last year that needs used up. I need the space in the freezer, so making sandwich loaf would be great! I'm starting with a 4lb batch first to see how it goes to my taste and liking. Your 25lb recipe is ALOT!

I'm at the point of smoking. One thing that I did instead of using pans is that I stuffed the meat in a bagel/English muffin bag to form it while it is curing in the fridge. I has firmed up nicely. So far this is working perfect to get it the shape and size I want to get "sandwich size" slices. The bags are a little smaller than a regular bread bag and I suspect there will be some shrinkage as well.

I did mix everything  together well and then ran it all through a fine grinding plate again because I think I would like the finer texture. In fact I almost ran it through the food processor! I'll see how this goes before I make too many changes.

Comments welcome...

Hey Bear,

I'm in the middle of making a batch of your beef loaf. I've got a ton of home raised ground beef from last year that needs used up. I need the space in the freezer, so making sandwich loaf would be great! I'm starting with a 4lb batch first to see how it goes to my taste and liking. Your 25lb recipe is ALOT!

I'm at the point of smoking. One thing that I did instead of using pans is that I stuffed the meat in a bagel/English muffin bag to form it while it is curing in the fridge. I has firmed up nicely. So far this is working perfect to get it the shape and size I want to get "sandwich size" slices. The bags are a little smaller than a regular bread bag and I suspect there will be some shrinkage as well.

I did mix everything  together well and then ran it all through a fine grinding plate again because I think I would like the finer texture. In fact I almost ran it through the food processor! I'll see how this goes before I make too many changes.

Comments welcome...
That's a Great Idea!!

I would do that if I wanted it for Sammies, now that you showed that !!!

However I eat mine like Beef Sticks & Snacks, and fry some slices up with Eggs for Breakfast.

When I want a Lunchmeat Sammy, I go to my Favorite Dried Beef & Cheese, or Venison Dried Beef & Cheese. (I really love them!!)

Thanks for that great idea!!!

Only thing is---I guess yours will take awhile longer to Smoke to Temp, because of how thick they are. No big deal---Just gives you more time to put smoke on it.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky