Dehydrating Banana Slices.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Got some bananas for a 3 tray dehydrate.

Slice bout 1/4" thick or so.
IMG_7575.JPG

Put in fresh squeezed lemon juice, this keeps em from turning dark.
IMG_9154.JPG

Dehydrate at 135* for 5-8 hours or until your like how they are done.
IMG_6265.JPG

I took a zipper bag of dehydrated apple and zucchini chips to work one day and a co-worker didn't take into account the re-hydration and the amount of fiber they had, he probably ate 30 or more pieces and by afternoon he was miserable.

Used to make these all the time for my boys along with apples. Haven't made any in years.

My great Aunt used to give use homemade dried fruit for christmas when I was a kid. We couldn't eat it. She was a chain smoker and probably went through a carton of menthols per batch. Then she stored them in a pantry that she had fill with moth balls. Needless to say they were pretty stinky. Nothing like a big wiff of stale menthol and naphthalene when opening up your christmas gift

I took a zipper bag of dehydrated apple and zucchini chips to work one day and a co-worker didn't take into account the re-hydration and the amount of fiber they had, he probably ate 30 or more pieces and by afternoon he was miserable.

Nothin' else like prunes in disguise. :emoji_smiling_imp:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky