Deerburgers & Scallops on my “Q”

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Deerburgers & Scallops on my “Q

It’s been awhile, so Mrs Bear got the Deerburger out & made the Patties & I threw them on the Grill, and topped 1 of them with some American Cheese, for tonight's Supper.

I had some Scallops with mine & pickle chips on the side.

BTW: My Deerburgers are always 50% Venison, 25% Beef (80-20), and 25% Pork (Butt).

We had some Burgers left, but I’ll post them on another thread, as I got enough Pics on this one already.

Don’t miss the Big meeting at the bottom on the last picture.

Enjoy the Pics,

Bear

Seven nice Scallops covered in Old Bay, overnight in my Fridge:
IMG_3744.jpg

Six Deerburgers warming up:
IMG_3746.jpg

Seven Scallops added to the 6 Deerburgers:
IMG_3747.jpg

Getting There Now!!!
IMG_3749.jpg

Everything is done & cheese melted on my first Burger:
IMG_3750.jpg

Bringing everything in---No I didn't eat one, Some Dummy dropped one & it bounced all over & rolled off the porch, into the garden below:
IMG_3751.jpg

Bear's First Plate:
IMG_3752.jpg

While I was grilling, Mom was across the driveway, and the Triplets were having a Meeting:
IMG_3754.jpg

Looks great John! I could go for a few of those scallops about now. Hard to find them around here that aren't outrageously expensive. Nice cook points for sure.

John

Awesome burgers and scallops, Dang you just going have to move closer to my driving area or I'm going have to move some Amish closer to you. Missing to many of these meals and you always seem to cook extra.

Warren

Deer burgers! Just doesn't get ANY better than that. Scrumptious looking meal Bearcarver. Makes want to get some scallops myself...Oh WAIT! I can it's scallop season here in Florida. They're not as big as those, but you triggered my appetite. By the way those triplets might be in cahoots about your DEER-burgers. Better watch out.

nice looking meal bear, those scallops look like they have some nice size to them, they are one of my favorites. never tried grilling them though.

Burgers look tasty. I'm all out until deer season ( hopefully ). Did draw rifle buck, and smoke pole buck tag this year. I wish I knew the proper way to butcher to save the proper cuts. We have mainly just done sausages.
Haven't had scallops for ever either.
Like...

Looks great John! I could go for a few of those scallops about now. Hard to find them around here that aren't outrageously expensive. Nice cook points for sure.

John

Thank You John!!
Like anybody else, I'd have Scallops a lot more often if they weren't so expensive!! They're even better than Shrimp!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

YUM!

Who knew that grilling deerburgers would also attract more deer?

LOL---Sometimes it seems that way!!
However the only time we don't see them much is during Hunting Season.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear that looks so good.
Scallops my area are so expensive, last time I checked over $24 per pound. Guess that means I just don't make enough money to eat a lot more of things I like...lol or maybe wa wa wa

Looks AWESOME Bear!!! It's always nice to have company while you're out grilling too... :emoji_wink:

Thank You Joe!!
Yeah, The little guys are fun to watch, running around like little Jets!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Scallops got my attention I need to get some soon. Likes
Richie

Thank You Richie!!
I wish I could have Scallops every week!!
Every once in awhile I can't stand it---I gotta get some!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice looking meal bear, I think I have some venison in the deep freeze that my son gave me. My next weekend off I will have to thaw it out and give your deer burgers a go. Nice Job....

Point for sure
Chris

Awesome burgers and scallops, Dang you just going have to move closer to my driving area or I'm going have to move some Amish closer to you. Missing to many of these meals and you always seem to cook extra.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Gotta watch the meat you get from the Amish!!
They got a lot of horses down there!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Deer burgers! Just doesn't get ANY better than that. Scrumptious looking meal Bearcarver. Makes want to get some scallops myself...Oh WAIT! I can it's scallop season here in Florida. They're not as big as those, but you triggered my appetite. By the way those triplets might be in cahoots about your DEER-burgers. Better watch out.

Thank You Doc!!
Those three keep running around like they do, they'll be All Muscle!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

nice looking meal bear, those scallops look like they have some nice size to them, they are one of my favorites. never tried grilling them though.

Thank You Jim!!
I think this was the first time I ever Grilled them.
I usually Prefer in a Pan with Butter, but these were Great too!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Burgers look tasty. I'm all out until deer season ( hopefully ). Did draw rifle buck, and smoke pole buck tag this year. I wish I knew the proper way to butcher to save the proper cuts. We have mainly just done sausages.
Haven't had scallops for ever either.
Like...

Thanks Rider!!
The only thing we have drawings for is Elk.
Deer Tags are Plentiful. However we don't have Muleys---Only Whitetails.

Bear

Bear that looks so good.
Scallops my area are so expensive, last time I checked over $24 per pound. Guess that means I just don't make enough money to eat a lot more of things I like...lol or maybe wa wa wa

Thank You Kit!!
Yup, Scallops are usually $17.95 around here, but I don't buy them, unless they're on sale at $10.95, and once or twice at $12.95.
I sure don't get them often. Same thing with Lobster Tails.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky