Deerburger meatloaf.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Just posting this quickie to thank Bearcarver Bearcarver for his deerburgers.

Skidmark and I wanted to enjoy the beautiful Thursday afternoon. So I thawed out a couple of packages of what I thought were ground deer meat. Well I was partically right. One pack was ground deer meat the other was the backstrap. One pound of deer meat, 1.25 pounds of ground pork, and 1.5 pounds of hamburger will make more hamburgers then I can eat so I said to myself. Self why not transcend it into a meatloaf instead. So I break out the 26" and go to town.

Skidmark getting ready for the afternoon festivities.

DSC01070.JPG

Meatloaf made and on the kettle: along with some Italian sasuage.

DSC01073.JPG

Loaf is done:

DSC01075.JPG

Sliced shot: umm good

DSC01077.JPG

I think skidmark had one to many Rocks:

DSC01072.JPG

The deerburger made an excellent meatloaf. Kudos to bear for the recipe mix. Since I don't hunt this may be my first and last one of these. Currently most of it is sliced and frozen for future dinners at work. See I told you this would be a quick one.

Thanks for taking a peak.

Chris

Attachments

• DSC01076.JPG
    DSC01076.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 4
Looks great Chris! I've been on a venison kick recently. I drew for my tag this year so I can eat my reserve stash now knowing it'll be replenished this winter.

and Skidmark definitely needs more rocks :emoji_laughing:

That use to be one of my go tos back in the day. "33" :emoji_thumbsup:

Looks good . Like me some meatloaf sandwiches .
That look on Skid Mark's face ,,,, He might be a PBR man .

Looks mighty tasty. Along with 1 (or more) Rolling Rocks that looks delicious.
He may be giving you the stink-eye wondering what you're gonna do with the Backstrap!!!???
Waiting to see that myself,
Don

Looks great Chris! I've been on a venison kick recently. I drew for my tag this year so I can eat my reserve stash now knowing it'll be replenished this winter.

I don't hunt so this will probably be my last one - unless my sons friend tosses a little charity our way this year. Back in the college days Genny Cream was our go to. Thanks MN for the like and kindly words.

Hell yeah!
Looks like you and Skidmark ate well.
Like!

We did, we did. We each enjoyed a slice of the loaf and a sausage. Of course mine had sauteed onions and peppers. Thank Chile for the like and kind words.

Chris

Hell yeah looks great Chris! Cant ever had too many rocks

I figured I change up the drink since I was changing up the loaf. Both were excellent on a perfect afternoon. Thanks for the compliment Vol appreciate it.

everything looks tasty, even the rock

The rock isn't my typical choice but it went down smooth. The loaf tasted great.
Thanks for the like and kind words appreciate them Jim.

Chris

I love Rolling Rock and the meatloaf looks good too.

I'm more of a PBR man myself, but the Rock hit the spot as did the loaf. Thank you R Blum.

Looks good . Like me some meatloaf sandwiches .
That look on Skid Mark's face ,,,, He might be a PBR man .

Thanks chopsaw, meatloaf sammies are on the menu for work next week. One of my favorites also. I think I confused Skidmark with the Rocks green can. He's a pooch that like a regular routine.

Chris

Disclaimer: No Skidmarks were exposed to actual alcohol in this episode.

Looks mighty tasty. Along with 1 (or more) Rolling Rocks that looks delicious.

He may be giving you the stink-eye wondering what you're gonna do with the Backstrap!!!???
Waiting to see that myself,
Don

Thanks drdon for the like and compliment. I think the stink-eye is because his treat bag ran dry during the cook. Unfortunately the back strap won't make it to the forum. The wife will be cooking that for herself. I'm not a big venison fan, and she loves it. Her family has always hunted and mine never got into the sport. So when we do get some I let her enjoy it.

Chris

Just posting this quickie to thank Bearcarver Bearcarver for his deerburgers.

Skidmark and I wanted to enjoy the beautiful Thursday afternoon. So I thawed out a couple of packages of what I thought were ground deer meat. Well I was partically right. One pack was ground deer meat the other was the backstrap. One pound of deer meat, 1.25 pounds of ground pork, and 1.5 pounds of hamburger will make more hamburgers then I can eat so I said to myself. Self why not transcend it into a meatloaf instead. So I break out the 26" and go to town.

Skidmark getting ready for the afternoon festivities.

View attachment 403228
Meatloaf made and on the kettle: along with some Italian sasuage.

View attachment 403223
Loaf is done:

View attachment 403225
Sliced shot: umm good

View attachment 403227

View attachment 403230

The deerburger made an excellent meatloaf. Kudos to bear for the recipe mix. Since I don't hunt this may be my first and last one of these. Currently most of it is sliced and frozen for future dinners at work. See I told you this would be a quick one.

Thanks for taking a peak.

Chris

Looks Great, Chris!!!
LOL---I started out on Rolling Rock too.
That's what they had at the Gun Club Meetings, after the meetings, and my Dad didn't always pay close attention to my brother & Me.
Good old "Paletown Rod & Gun Club", back in the 1950s.
Nice Job Chris!!
Like.

Bear

Wait a minute---"33" Beer was Vietnamese Beer!!!

Bear

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Looks Great, Chris!!!
LOL---I started out on Rolling Rock too.
That's what they had at the Gun Club Meetings, after the meetings, and my Dad didn't always pay close attention to my brother & Me.
Good old "Paletown Rod & Gun Club", back in the 1950s.
Nice Job Chris!!
Like.

Bear

Wait a minute---"33" Beer was Vietnamese Beer!!!

Bear

Thank you bear for the like and compliment. Rock gets tossed into the rotation every once in a while. My dad was a strict bud man. When I was an early teen he would bring home 3 bud pounders after work. He drank one and saved the rest for the weekend. I started sneaking one or two of his reserves from the fridge. When he finally noticed - he started only bringing home 1 bud after work.

Guess you're forgiven Chris....
BUT....you could still "document" her cooking, eh? :emoji_camera_with_flash:

Don

I wasn't home when she cooked it. So I missed that opportunity.

Looks good! Great job Chris!

Thanks Justin for the like and compliment. It was actually better then I was expecting. Unfortunately it will probably be the last time I make it. No more hunters left in the wifes family, and my son has stopped eating meat so the charity may have stopped also.

Chris

I’ve cooked a lot of deer burger in my life but never done a meatloaf with it. We usually add about 20% beef fat when we grind ours and just grill it.

But if the hunt proves successful this fall I’m going to try it. I like the bacon wrap too.

I’ve cooked a lot of deer burger in my life but never done a meatloaf with it. We usually add about 20% beef fat when we grind ours and just grill it.

But if the hunt proves successful this fall I’m going to try it. I like the bacon wrap too.

Thank you civil and good luck with the hunt. This makes for a good change.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky