Deal Alert - Barrel House Cooker (UDS) on clearance for $45

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SkinnySarge

Original poster
Mar 8, 2019
Just a heads up for anyone that needs an extra, Walmart has these on clearance for $45. Only 1 store in KC has them from what I can tell...there were 4 left before I bought one. I just assembled and seasoned it and it appears to be decently built. Not quite as solid as a PBC, but that is because you can lift the barrel off of the base to get to the charcoal if you need to. I'm not affiliated with them, just thought you all would like to know about a smokin deal. Here is a link:

https://www.barrelhousecooker.com/products/cookers/bhc-18c/

Reactions: yankee2bbq
I posted a brickseek link above, but got a message that it is awaiting moderator approval. Just go to brickseek and search for sku: 333914739 andenter your zip code to see if any local stores have it.

7A488943-A28C-4219-B1AE-69261B0B23AA.jpeg 4D498C62-0906-4FF0-A6E6-E00367FE19F1.jpeg

Just a heads up for anyone that needs an extra, Walmart has these on clearance for $45. Only 1 store in KC has them from what I can tell...there were 4 left before I bought one. I just assembled and seasoned it and it appears to be decently built. Not quite as solid as a PBC, but that is because you can lift the barrel off of the base to get to the charcoal if you need to. I'm not affiliated with them, just thought you all would like to know about a smokin deal. Here is a link:

https://www.barrelhousecooker.com/products/cookers/bhc-18c/

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up 2 Masterbuilt 130B electric smokers 2 weeks ago for $50.00 a piece and a Char Griller Akorn 20 inch Komodo for 70.00. Got to love deals.

Update after seasoning and 1 cook of spare ribs:

Pros:
seems well built
temp control is very easy, likes to settle in at 270 or so with KBB charcoal in the KS wind
charcoal basket is easy to get to if you need to add more coals
ribs were fantastic

Cons:
seemed to use more charcoal than what I'm used to
no built in table to set stuff on

I will continue to dial it in. I'm going to try lump charcoal here in a minute for some beef back ribs...hopefully they don't get incinerated because there isn't much meat on them.

In other news, the parts I ordered for a 55 gal UDS build will be here tomorrow...so I'm excited for that, too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky