Daytona 500

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
But far as I know it's the only sport where a prayer is still said and everyone stands for the National Anthem! Bonus points as far as I'm concerned!

Ryan
Every tractor pull I've been in attendance starts the same.
Back in MN, we have a lot of Canadians pullers that compete. "Oh Canada" was third on the list and the Americans respected that as well.

Well, to close, I thought it was a great race. Also, I thought Tony Stewart was a very good commentator. I would like to see him do more.

tractor pull

But he is going drag racing full time this year
Nuff said.. Pulls and drag races are ultimate display of raw power .. outside of rocket launches..
Bernstien and Force fan here..
I think it was art alfons? that screwed two turbine engines to a puller. I do love the Cummins powered 4x4s in the sled pull though.

Reactions: Fueling Around
I can honestly say that I'm not as into racing as I once was but I still follow and will watch if its on broadcast TV (we only use an antenna).
Went there from 99-03,awesome experience for sure.Went to just about every Fall race at Loudon until it was removed from the schedule.

How many out there still follow Nascar and what might you be doing food-wise?

Just picked up a cut to order 3lb pork loin.I'll post up later in the pork forum on how I did it and results.
I'm blessed with a wife that loves and knows NASCAR. couple that with a patio blackstone sitting just below my patio TV . never miss a moment makin' philly cheese sammiches.

IMG-4331.jpg
IMG-4333.jpg

Nuff said.. Pulls and drag races are ultimate display of raw power .. outside of rocket launches..
Bernstien and Force fan here..
I think it was art alfons? that screwed two turbine engines to a puller. I do love the Cummins powered 4x4s in the sled pull though.
Art Arfons is a motorsports legend.

Used to watch pretty regular. Then they started with crazy rules and intermissions and etc and i just gave up on it.
I may every now and then look at the highlights on you tube but for the most part dont miss it.
Jim

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Used to watch pretty regular. Then they started with crazy rules and intermissions and etc and i just gave up on it.
I may every now and then look at the highlights on you tube but for the most part dont miss it.
Jim
Its just not the same anymore.If I can watch it with the antenna and its crappy out then I'll watch,otherwise I'm outdoors in the yard or fishing and I'll listen on MRN/PRN.

I also used to be a whole lot more into it. When Smoke, Jr, Martin, Gordon, Carl Edwards, etc...and all the guys started retiring I kind of fell off. The stages suck and all of the rules, no rebel flags, no drivers burning cigs in a winston jacket in the infield. The fights after the races. Just not the same.

That being said I did watch the 500 and hoping to get into it a little more this year. Been to Bristol several times and do love the fact you can take a cooler full of beer into the stands and have a great time. The prayer and national anthem standing are also huge to me.

I also used to be a whole lot more into it. When Smoke, Jr, Martin, Gordon, Carl Edwards, etc...and all the guys started retiring I kind of fell off. The stages suck and all of the rules, no rebel flags, no drivers burning cigs in a winston jacket in the infield. The fights after the races. Just not the same.

That being said I did watch the 500 and hoping to get into it a little more this year. Been to Bristol several times and do love the fact you can take a cooler full of beer into the stands and have a great time. The prayer and national anthem standing are also huge to me.
Well said! I too like to AMERICA!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky