Daytona 500

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
I can honestly say that I'm not as into racing as I once was but I still follow and will watch if its on broadcast TV (we only use an antenna).
Went there from 99-03,awesome experience for sure.Went to just about every Fall race at Loudon until it was removed from the schedule.

How many out there still follow Nascar and what might you be doing food-wise?

Just picked up a cut to order 3lb pork loin.I'll post up later in the pork forum on how I did it and results.

I watch some of the big races and really liked the trucks. Sadly, one side of the political spectrum ruined most sports for me /shrug. Hopefully Bubba Smollett will crash...

door pull not a noose.jpg

all I have to say.jpg

I like to watch , if I can figure out what channel and when .
The times and networks are all over the place .
I agree though , not what it used to be for me either .
Gonna spin a boneless turkey breast today .

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
I like to watch , if I can figure out what channel and when .
The times and networks are all over the place .
I agree though , not what it used to be for me either .
Gonna spin a boneless turkey breast today .
Its on regular Fox today.Because I only have an antenna I miss about half the races but in the summertime I'd much rather be outside anyways.

I watch it passively when I can. I like the last 20-30 laps when they are pushing tires and running out of gas..
This should be good with Hamblin, Truex, Wallace and harvick in the second ten.
I want to see Chastain's car get towed off the field..

Ohh. I plan on a tri-tip with inderect lump coals on the Weber kettle. Usual sides.

Let's go Brandon!

Last edited:
Reactions: normanaj
I try to catch the road races. The roundy-round bores the ever livin' crap out of me.
If it was like the Australian Supercars Championship, NASCAR probably wouldn't be suffering such a loss in ticket sales and TV viewers. The current generation doesn't watch it, sort of like HD's problem with it's customer base ageing and most youngsters not into 600 Lb 100 Hp bikes.

Reactions: normanaj
Gonna put the race on the radio, sit in the sugar shack (Mother Nature's really confused this year), and sip on something from Tennessee. Then, just before The Big One, the half hour caution, and the green/white checker finish, we'll do up some shaved beef fajitas which have been marinating in jerk sauce I made this morning. Just discovering jerk sauce and trying it on different meats. I'm hooked.

I used the love watching it. Bill Elliot going light speed at Talladega, Cale and the Alabama Gang punching each other at Daytona, and watching those cars go 200+ on the big tracks was a sight to see. Seeing Dale get killed was a hard blow. Watching Little E get points docked for cussing on air was the last straw. Nascar SUCKS now! Now, time for some chicken wings.

I do watch it, not as much as I used too! Was pretty hardcore into it back in the early 2000’s! After Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr retired… kinda lost touch with it as those were my wife and my drivers! I like a handful now, so will hope they do good today! Ryan Blaney, Martin Truex Jr, Joey Logano and Tyler Reddick!

As far as the menu… be having some ribeyes, shrimp parmesan and spinach salad! And a couple cold beverages!

I do watch it, not as much as I used too! Was pretty hardcore into it back in the early 2000’s! After Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr retired… kinda lost touch with it as those were my wife and my drivers! I like a handful now, so will hope they do good today! Ryan Blaney, Martin Truex Jr, Joey Logano and Tyler Reddick!

As far as the menu… be having some ribeyes, shrimp parmesan and spinach salad! And a couple cold beverages!
I was a Davey Allison fan from the beginning and when Jeff debuted at Atlanta in 92 I knew what was coming.

Lagano's rug looks totally stupid!

I didn’t care for Joey at first to be right honest! But a couple years ago he crashed and was put out of a race! Him and his wife then went up in the stands and hung out with the crowd for a bit watching the rest of the race! I thought that was kinda cool of them to do!

Use to follow it close then things changed and I didn't hardly watch but DVR'd it. Just in case something big happened.
Now don't record it or even check on it.

Commercials are killing it, big wreck and on split screen ,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky