• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Dawn of a new day.....

burgi

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 22, 2011
Actually it was before Dawn, more like, still dark outside......

Doing my first pork shoulder today. Got the COSTCO 14 lbs of pork pack. Dry rub last night, wrap and fridge for the night. Got her on the smoker by 5 a.m. this morning. Thank goodness for warm mornings.....lol, but the cup of coffee sure was nice out there at the "area". 

Here are the Pic's so far... will post the end result. The smoker I have is one that my Brother-in-law left when they moved to Utah. We live on our family cattle ranch. So its an old off-set smoker deal. cant wait to get my own, you know doing the whole browsing and pick "The One".

Anyway, one problem I had was getting the temp up to at least 200 without having a smoke-out, billowing white smoke..... finally was able to get it, but I feel like I did something wrong, or missed something. Love this site, soooooo much info.....

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Looks like your on your way I look forward to more Qview

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
looking good so far, hoping to see more qview

burgi

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 22, 2011
So they have been going for just over 5 hrs:

2 1/2 hrs...

5 Hrs.....

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks like they are well on their way! Keep it coming!

hardslicer

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 7, 2011
Well worth getting up at 5:00am!  You look like you know what you are doing....nice!

burgi

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 22, 2011
So there is a group of us that get together each month of summer starting with April. April is Smoke/BBQ month, May is Cajun Boil month, and so on........ that was the reason why I did this smoke.... like I need a reason..... 

So here are the finished pictures..... 

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Awesome burgi, that PP sammie is to die for!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.