Daveomak hams

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
11hrs and we are done. These were fast, but taste real good. Thanks for looking.

A4B52F28-8A05-48DE-B384-AB9C258D3A26.jpeg

Here I am happy with a pretty good pulled pork and some decent bacon you guys are knocking out hams and awesome Canadian bacon. Guess I have a ways to go.
That looks excellent. BIG like. And they will be noticeably better in 24 hours.
They look terrific! Very nice job! Has me looking forward to doing mine

Ryan

Thank you gentleman. Dave is the star of this show though. What a wealth of information, and willing to share that knowledge. He answers pm messages and is eager to help. Thank you Daveomak. For this great recipe. The ham is the best “city ham” I’ve ever had.
I have made these hams many times. The choice of vegetable broth brand is key. Some are ok but for us the “no sodium kitchen basics” is absolutely the best flavor.

Those Hams look fabulous! Far prettier than any I've seen in a Grocery Store!...JJ

Reactions: SmokinEdge
This technique is really excellent. Followed the directions to a T and produced some delicious "buckboard" ham from a butt.

If anyone is in a pinch and needs STPP in a hurry - KosmosQ "Moisture Magic" is just STPP. A couple of my local Ace Hardware's carry it in 1lb bags.

AWESOME hams and smokehouse! I particularly dig the old school sawn lumber. SmokinEdge SmokinEdge

So you are pasteurizing it . For the thickness are you sure an hour is long enough?
Thanks for asking! Did some research and dropped the ball apparently. So I guess the ROT is 1" per hour, so need 2.5hrs. Little piggy going back in the jacuzzi...

Here I am happy with a pretty good pulled pork and some decent bacon you guys are knocking out hams and awesome Canadian bacon. Guess I have a ways to go.
Keep hanging around here and it won't take long and you'll be doing it. Never did ANY of this stuff until SMF.

Reactions: SmokinEdge and olaf
Outstanding post.
Smoke progress is nice. Cut shot is nice.
The hams should be wrapped and rested for at least a week.
I've found the longer the rest the better smoke perfumes into the meat.
Thank you, I agree with the rest time. The others will rest until TG.

Those Hams look fabulous! Far prettier than any I've seen in a Grocery Store!...JJ

Indeed! Thank you.

What a neat post! Like over and over again. Looks great too.

Great Looking Hams, SE !!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Thank you all around, Bear much appreciated.
This technique is really excellent. Followed the directions to a T and produced some delicious "buckboard" ham from a butt.

If anyone is in a pinch and needs STPP in a hurry - KosmosQ "Moisture Magic" is just STPP. A couple of my local Ace Hardware's carry it in 1lb bags.

Great looking job on those hams. I could sure use some fried with some eggs and home fries maybe even a biscuit and some jam.

Warren
Thank you. This ham is good with eggs, in sandwiches, and as a stand alone. Ham pota
AWESOME hams and smokehouse! I particularly dig the old school sawn lumber. SmokinEdge SmokinEdge SmokinEdge SmokinEdge
Thanks for the nice comments. Still digging for some more rough sawn. That Douglas Fir.

Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky