Darksmoke arriving

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

darksmoke

Original poster
Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
Hello all, - new to this forum with but one smoking event behind me. I purchased a smoker back on June 23rd (a simple Masterbuilt 30 electric). I don't have many tips to offer, but hope to add to the conversation. I learn quickly, and my first attempt (a 5 lb Boston butt) was considered by those who shared it, a huge success. I ordered a cold smoke generator to compliment the 30" and it arrives tomorrow. For my next attempt on the 4th of July - baby back ribs. If one of you cares to pass along some advice, I'd welcome the read. Tips on seasoning the generator would be welcomed as well.. -Darksmoke

Thanks Submariner! It just so happens we also have Submarines in common... I qualled on the Batfish back in 83.. And I am a Plankowner on the Providence and the Boise, retired in 95. Thank you for your service... Just finished prepping some baby back ribs to marinate through the day for smoking tomorrow. A concoction of sweet baby Ray's BBQ sauce mixed with Tony Chachere's Creole spices and a bit of apple butter stirred in for what should make some rib that are both tangy and sweet. Smoke on!

Small world shipmate.  Qualified on the Sculpin SSN-590 and rode Plunger 595, Gurnard 662 and the Andrew Jackson SSBN-619.   Nuke Machinist Mate.  Tough life but I smile when the check hits the bank each month.  

The smoke generator arrived and is well seasoned for today's smoke event. The Masterbuilt smoke generator does just that - generates smoke like a house afire! Happy with the purchase and looking forward to some baby back ribs later today.

For Submariner: I was at work yesterday and I guy came in wearing a Batfish hat. When I told him my initial sub quals were on the Batfish back in 83 - a look of wonder crossed his face. I tossed a couple names out who were on board when I arrived - (as he had just transferred off) you could see the recognition at their mention. It truely is a small world.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky