Dang nabbit!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DocSteve

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 27, 2018
So I mentioned a bit ago someone tried to steal my GMG smoker. Had one grill stolen. Made me laugh. A cheap rusty dome style I took as a project. Sanded, repaired, painted. New, $15. Someone stole it, wasent even mad.
But...made me chain up my Green Mountain. On New Years after 2 days of prep, I went to fire up the smoker. Someone had tried to steal it, couldn't. So they stole the grates.
Got free replacements yesterday from GMG, awesome CS. Went to fire up today and realized they also stole the 2nd shelf insert.
I had never used it and just put it in.
Didnt even realize it was gone till I was standing in front of the smoker.

Attachments

• 20200111_160252.jpg
    20200111_160252.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20200111_184941.jpg
    20200111_184941.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 27
You need a bigger dog,or a new address
Richie
I live in a nice neighborhood. It's people that target the area that are a problem.
I've got a 120 pound, 18 year old blind Labrador that barks when he farts loudly.

Reactions: jake0531
I live in a nice neighborhood. It's people that target the area that are a problem.
I've got a 120 pound, 18 year old blind Labrador that barks when he farts loudly.

Doc Sorry I was trying to joke, Bad joke. I lived in a good neighborhood and had my house broken into. Bad area towns only across the river and the bridge 3 blocks from were I lived.
Richie

Doc Sorry I was trying to joke, Bad joke. I lived in a good neighborhood and had my house broken into. Bad area towns only across the river and the bridge 3 blocks from were I lived.
Richie
Oh no biggie, wasent offended. Ya, trash floats into the area to steal.

glad you come through Doc.

I previously had the Same problem this end, “real“ bright Led sensor lights are a workable deterrent and cheap. you need welding glasses with mine.

In the end I just built higher fences @ 4 metres and gate, barb wire for three runs on inside = fixed. But from outside look normal, doesn’t look like I built a fortress to protect my family and possessions but it is.

glad you come through Doc.

I previously had the Same problem this end, “real“ bright Led sensor lights are a workable deterrent and cheap. you need welding glasses with mine.

In the end I just built higher fences @ 4 metres and gate, barb wire for three runs on inside = fixed. But from outside look normal, doesn’t look like I built a fortress to protect my family and possessions but it is.
I've got the same light I think, lol. It's slow to kick on sometimes, think that's what scared them away.
I'm in a rental house so limited as far as what I can do. Did get permission from owner and just got a kick ass ADT alarm installed.
Dosent help the porch but oh well.

Doc I detest thieves, there a few cheap options which may help, a fake CCTV dome works if they are scoping out your possessions, don’t work so well when they are off their faces. $15 with blinking light.

Or if you are armed, a motion detector camera on the porch. When triggered you get notification, check picture, make decisions.

Doc I detest thieves, there a few cheap options which may help, a fake CCTV dome works if they are scoping out your possessions, don’t work so well when they are off their faces. $15 with blinking light.

Or if you are armed, a motion detector camera on the porch. When triggered you get notification, check picture, make decisions.
Thanks. I understand my options. I have a little training breaking into places, be it a car or an embassy.
I've had an interesting life.
I dont want to bring firearms into it. This is all outside the house.

Reactions: fivetricks
I have 4 cameras, so if something happens I can look back & see what it was. The data is held in a cloud acct. for 10 days.
Al

Hate they hit you, I bought a blink 4 camera system 2 years ago but you have to have wifi for it, you can get some that store to cards even if no wifi. I will hunt somebody down if I catch them, police can have whats left. pictures don't lie.

Man sad what happens in our world today. Understand not wanting a gun.

Warren
Oh I have guns. Just got a custom 1911 from Dave Lauck. DL Sports if your bored and a gun guy.
Got his Professional Model.
Here's how that works in some cases . They steal the old " whatever " figuring it will be replaced . Then they come back for the new one .
I had 4 grills on my porch. They stole what they could carry. The remaining 3 they cant pick up and run with.

Sounds like they're stealing metal to sell it for scrap. That stinks, sorry you have to deal with that.
Ya, that's what I figured. I dont work, retired. My sleep schedule is when I get tired, take a nap.
I have been sitting on my front porch in the dark while my dog walks around and shined my flashlight on groups of kids at 3-4 in the morning walking down the street.
I'm 47, maybe I'm old now. While let's their kids wander around at that time?

Ya, that's what I figured. I dont work, retired. My sleep schedule is when I get tired, take a nap.
I have been sitting on my front porch in the dark while my dog walks around and shined my flashlight on groups of kids at 3-4 in the morning walking down the street.
I'm 47, maybe I'm old now. While let's their kids wander around at that time?
Who, not while. Auto correct.

Well the good looks great. Sucks about the thieves. Our garage was broken into a few years ago. They actually stole all the food out of our outside refrigerator and had them nerve to eat our leftover pizza and throw crusts on the floor.

That sucks dude.

I am surprised they tried to steal a GMG grill. Mine doesn't even work lol. Regardless, if they stole pieces it sounds like for selling for drug money.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky