Dang! It's cold out!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Gonna make the attempt to do some burgers on the grill tonight.Hope the propane gets to flowing otherwise its in the Ninja they go.
I grill regularly in the cold and rarely have an issue with propane.. grill takes a lot longer to warm up when temps get significantly below zero so definitely plan for that.

Reactions: Fueling Around
Nice looking chili.
Burger on the Weber for me, too.
MO is pretty well known for big swings in the weather. I went to basic training there in Jan. 60's one day. Minus 30 with windchill a few days later. They cancelled all training that day because it was so bad out!
Lost in the Woods?
My son had OSUT there starting in January.
Even that MN boy complained about the MO weather.

Nice looking chili.
Burger on the Weber for me, too.

Lost in the Woods?
My son had OSUT there starting in January.
Even that MN boy complained about the MO weather.
Yup! 1981. Fort Leonard Wood! The weather swings were nuts! Thanks for the comment on the chili! Could have used it back then!
Even remember the drill instructors. SGT George. And SGT Burke.

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff! It finally got to 13 here. Tomorrow it'll be near 50. Figured chili would fit the bill. Tomorrow it'll be hashbrown casserole.
Hashbrown casserole??? My ears just perked up about as much as when my puppy sees a rabbit!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
SH, 27 below here this AM. I used to ice fish in weather like this when I was younger, now I don't want to walk outside to the mailbox! Your chili looks very tasty!

• Haha
Reactions: chopsaw and Steve H
SH, 27 below here this AM. I used to ice fish in weather like this when I was younger, now I don't want to walk outside to the mailbox! Your chili looks very tasty!
Thanks! I used to ice fish too. Just lost the urge after I had a close call. Went through the ice. Water was only waist deep. But. I couldn't go out again.

• Wow
Reactions: crazymoon
Dinner was very good!

P2040209.JPG

In a nice size bowl with cheddar. And a few dallops of sour cream. Chased with a big glass of milk. I added my hot sauce to the bowl. Rather warm!

Chili looks great!

We had -20 actual yesterday. Brrrrrr...

Ft Leonard Wood.....

Went to Basic there, started 6 December.

Flew out of Syracuse in a snow storm.

Got to Leonard Wood in a snow storm.

I couldn't see a difference in the winter there and the ones in upstate NY.

Digging through three feet of snow with an entrenching tool to pitch a 2 man tent and then sleeping on the frozen ground convinced me i didn't like winter camping....

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
47° here currently. Not terrible, but once again you guys inspired me. Just put of pot of red on the stovetop.

Not sure how you guys handle the cold up north! Good looking stew there.

Fred

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky