Dang, I Did It Again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all! After telling myself, never again… I somehow run out of smoked cheese! My fam likes a variety, but the favorites seem to be Pepper Jack, Colby Jack and Medium Cheddar! Anyway, been waiting for the right time to stock up! At work last week, the wife calls and tells me our local store has Tillamook 2 LB bricks on a special for $7.99 each! They were doing a 12 Days Of Christmas sale… each day had a different item on sale! Around here that is a really good deal! She asked if I’d like to stock up… my immediate response was… absolutely yes especially at that price! I get home and go to grab a cold one to sip on and here’s what’s staring back at me!

6CB02E2E-5A2C-4BFB-AEB1-AE8B7F1582DC.jpeg

Be slicing these into quarters and smoking them up later this week! Thinking a variety of smoke… Pitmaster Blend, Apple and Pecan as those are our favs on smoked cheese!

Be nice to be stocked back up again!

Thanks for looking all!

Hey all! After telling myself, never again… I somehow run out of smoked cheese! My fam likes a variety, but the favorites seem to be Pepper Jack, Colby Jack and Medium Cheddar! Anyway, been waiting for the right time to stock up! At work last week, the wife calls and tells me our local store has Tillamook 2 LB bricks on a special for $7.99 each! They were doing a 12 Days Of Christmas sale… each day had a different item on sale! Around here that is a really good deal! She asked if I’d like to stock up… my immediate response was… absolutely yes especially at that price! I get home and go to grab a cold one to sip on and here’s what’s staring back at me!

View attachment 652446

Be slicing these into quarters and smoking them up later this week! Thinking a variety of smoke… Pitmaster Blend, Apple and Pecan as those are our favs on smoked cheese!

Be nice to be stocked back up again!

Thanks for looking all!
Alder is a good smoke to use on cheese also.

HT

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Love the Tillamook! But I'm biased, as my folks live there.
They also make a Habanero Pepper Jack that's really good!

Tillamook is one of the best IMO! That is cool… my wife spent some of her childhood in Milwaukie… she remembers going to the coast with her folks and visiting that area! She remembers stopping for some samples too!

Now, Habanero Pepper Jack sounds right up my alley!

Appreciate ya dropping a line and the like!

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
That's a really good deal Justin ! We just about ran out of cheddar but have a bunch to smoke as well. Did find some pepper jack hiding in fridge from January of 20...gonna be good!

Ryan

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
  • Haha
Reactions: Steve H
That's a really good deal Justin ! We just about ran out of cheddar but have a bunch to smoke as well. Did find some pepper jack hiding in fridge from January of 20...gonna be good!

Ryan

Thanks buddy… but now I’m jealous! PJ from 20! Yum!

Great score! At that price it’s hard to beat! That should last you a month or two🤣

Thanks Jed… appreciate the like and comment! It may last that long…. But, I’m like a rat at an all you can eat cheese bar! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
Gee that inspired a trip out to the garage fridge. Christmas of 2020 I cold smoked a 2lb block of sharp cheddar and one of pepper jack. Still there, vac-sealed and looking OK. Reckon it won't hurt a thing to let them sit out there for another year. RAY

Justin, You'll be all set for awhile!!!!!

Thanks CM, appreciate ya dropping a line and the like… We love some smoked cheese! Like I told Jed, I am like a rat at an all ya can eat cheese buffet! 😉

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky